Chapter 9: Dreams

A person appeared in a black coat. His mouth moved, spelling, "V.A.M.P.I.R.E." I tilted my head wondering what it meant. The person started to fade away and I shouted, "Wait! Who are you!? What do you mean by vampire!!?"

I immediately opened my eyes and sat up. Oh. It was only a dream. I sighed and exited out of the room Fairy Tail gave me. I yawned and went into the bathroom to get ready. Later on, I walked downstairs and sat at a table. I just sat there looking at the wood of the table. Someone sat in front of me, so I looked up to see who it was. "Hi Natsu."

"Hi Lucy." Natsu greeted back. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing..."

"Really? Usually the Lucy I know would be eating and joking around, not staring at a table."

I laughed, "Haha I guess you're right," I cleared my throat. I looked at my fingers and played with it. "Yesterday, when that man appeared, I felt something strange. I felt a feeling, a feeling like we weren't the-"

"Hi guys." Erza cut me off.

"What's up!" Natsu waved.

"Nothing." Gray joined.

"Yay onii-chan!" Wendy clung onto Gray's scaly arm.

"Juvia is here." Juvia appeared on the table.

"What the heck!! I backed away. "H-how'd you do that??"

"Juvia's Magic." I just blinked at her. A mermaid on land...wow.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Black mist twirled around and a person dressed in a brown coat appeared. He didn't speak nor did he move his mouth, but all he did was put up 3 fingers. Then he disappeared into thin air.

I gasped and shook my head. Another weird dream. I got ready and went back into my room. I took out my notebook from my shelf. I found a pen and started to write things from my dreams.

"Vampires...3 fingers..." I muttered as I wrote it down. I closed my notebook and walked out of my room. I looked at the ground, thinking what it meant. Then I finally realized the building was really quite. I looked around and I saw no one.

"Hello?" I asked.

Then in a flash, colorful rectangular pieces flew everywhere. "Happy Birthday Lucy!!" Everyone yelled. Oh my goodness. I totally forgot it was my birthday, since I was so concentrated on my dreams. I smiled.

"Thank you everyone!" We all celebrated and laughed. It was so much fun.

"Here's your cake." Erza carried a cake toward the table I was sitting at. She placed it and everyone started to sing happy birthday. "Now blow the candle."

I closed my eyes and muttered my wish quietly. I then shaped my mouth into an 'o' and blew. The fire on the candles withered out and I smiled. But then I started to feel a sting on my chest.

"Lucy what's wrong!?" Natsu helped me stand up.

"Natsu..." I muttered under my breath. He tilted his head. "I have a feeling we're not the only vampires on Magnolia. There's one more."