Chapter five; Roman Riding Rodeo

A week had gone by and it was less than two weeks till Christmas. Amy was almost seven months pregnant. Her and Ty were in the barn giving shots to the horses. "Alright. Phoenix, Spartan, Harley, and Copper are done. I will have to get Trouble's strangles shot tomorrow. We are out of stock at the clinic." Ty said closing his vet case.
"What about ordering it here?" Amy asked.
"It would take longer. The shots that I ordered are coming tomorrow. He will be alright." Ty said.
"Is something wrong with him?" Georgie walked into the barn.
"No no. He has to wait another day until I get his strangles shot." Ty said.
"Oh. Okay." Georgie weirdly walked away.
"What was that all about?" Amy asked.
"I have no idea." Ty said.

Georgie didn't want to let Ty know that Phoenix and Trouble had a roman riding schedule that day at a local rodeo. Trouble had to have strangles shots. But it was another week until he was actually due for shots so she didn't say anything. So she just went on with her day.

Tim pulled up to the heartland ranch. "Tim!" Jack came running up to his truck.
"Yeah?" Tim said.
"So? How'd it go?" Jack asked.
"What go?" Tim asked.
"Your meeting?" Jack tilted his head.
"Oh that. It went great. Is Amy home?" Tim asked pulled a box out of his truck.
"Yeah in the barn. And what did your manager say?" Jack asked.    
"Can't talk now Jack!" Tim walked into the barn. Jack sighed.

"Katie! Mommy is going to be back in a few minutes and your room is a mess!" Georgie said. Katie had a surprised face then quickly started cleaning up. "Here let me help." Georgie said.
"Hey Georgie I need you to get the trailer outside ready you have to rodeo remember?" Jack said.
"Oh right." Georgie said walking out of Katie's room.

    "Alright Amy I have something for you." Tim said holding a box.
"What is it?" Amy asked.
"Open it." Tim set the box down. Amy flew open the sides to the box and gasped. She started to cry. It was a box full of halters of her now past mother, Marions halters for all her past horses. They all had embedded names on them. "Oh dad! Where were these?!" Amy held the Pegasus halter close.
"I found them at big river storage all the way in the back. Keep them." Tim said.
"Oh thank you!" Amy hugged Tim.
"Your welcome. Now I've got to go deal with some rodeo school business so I will talk to you later." Tim left.
"Bye!" Amy waved wiping a tear from her eye. 
"Hey Amy." Georgie walked in the barn.
"Hey Georgie. Need help with that trailer?" Amy asked.
"Uh yeah! That'd be awesome." Georgie said.
"Trouble is up to date on his shots right?" Amy asked.
"Yeah yeah. He has maybe a week left until he has to have them again." Georgie said.
"Well okay. Lets hitch that trailer."

A yellow cab pulled into the driveway. Lou walked out with all her five suitcases with her. "Mom!" Georgie ran up to Lou. "How was your trip?"
"Hey sweetie! It was amazing I will fill you in on everything at dinner." Lou said closing the cab door.
"Are you going to come to the rodeo in a few hours?" Georgie asked.
"If I get settled in." Lou replied.

It was almost time for Georgie to go so she was loading up Phoenix and Trouble.
"Here you go." Amy handed Phoenix to Georgie.
"Thanks." She grabbed the rope.
"Alright lets get going." Amy said walking to the truck's door.
"Isn't anyone else coming? Lou? Jack?" Georgie asked.
"Im sorry Georgie but no. Jack is coming though. But he will be there later." Amy said closing the door.
"Oh that's okay. Adam, Jade, and Clay said they would come." Georgie shut her door.

At the rodeo grounds, there was almost every horse you could imagine in the trailer parking lot. Georgie and Amy were unloading Trouble and Phoenix when Georgie saw the most beautiful paint horse. "Hey Amy I'm going to go say hi. I know that horses owner." Georgie said.
"Okay. But make it quick." Amy said.
Georgie trotted Trouble over. "Hey Victoria!" Georgie waved.
"Hey Georgie!" Victoria said.
"Wow you have a beautiful horse! He looks tired...and sweaty." Georgie said.
"Oh he's probably hot from the trailer." Victoria shrugged her shoulders.
"Oh." Georgie was concerned for the horse. It didn't look well. "Well I do have to go. I have to warm up my boys." Georgie left.
"Bye!" Victoria waved.

Amy was in the bleachers and got a call from Ty. "Hey what's up?" She asked.
"Did Georgie take Trouble to the rodeo?" Ty asked.
"Yeah. Why?" Amy said.
"Turns out his shots were due a week ago for strangles. Not another week until." Ty said.
"Wait what? We gave the guy the list of his shots and everything."
"I know. Its not safe for him there." Ty said.
"Im sure he'll be fine this one time. Right?" Amy asked.
"Maybe. If he is only in contact with Phoenix it should be fine." Ty said.
Amy sighed.

The rodeo started off with the whole extreme team roman riding two times around the arena. Then it was the ropers. Then bull dogging, barrel racing, and second to last, Jade and the boys bronc and bull riding. After all of that, Georgie was up next to finish off the rodeo. "And last up, give a round of applause for Georgie Morris roman riding!" The announcer said. Georgie took off at a gallop on Phoenix and Trouble. They both did great for the start. There were three jumps set up. She turned to the first and leaped over one, two, then three! She did it. "Good boys!" Georgie patted their necks then waved to the crowds.

The next day Georgie was brushing down Trouble. "Hey good job again Georgie! That was amazing." Amy said.
"Thanks." Georgie started to pet Trouble then stopped.
"What's wrong?" Amy asked.
"He's really sweaty." Georgie said.
"Oh no." Amy said.