Chapter nine; A New Year

This will also be a long chapter

It was the Eve of New Year's Eve. The bone chilling wind blew through the barn towards the horses stalls.
"We should probably get these horses blankets." Ty said grabbing some.
"Yeah. Its getting really cold. We need to get our pony blankets for the foals, and some extra ones for my client horses." Amy said.
Ty and Amy were in the stalls clipping on blankets to each horse. Amy looked at Ty. "Ty?"
"Yeah?" He looked over.
"So," Amy walked up to him and wrapped her hands around his waist.
"Our anniversary is tomorrow."
"I know. I haven't forgotten." Ty said.
"Well you haven't said anything about it yet." Amy sighed.
"Neither have you." Ty laughed.
"Well maybe I have something planned." Amy said.
"Oh really?" Ty giggled as they rubbed their noses together. Ty kissed Amy slightly twice in the lips.
Georgie walked into the barn with Adam.
"Umm...can we help with the horses?" Georgie giggled.
Ty And Amy quickly pulled their lips away from each other.
"Yeah! You can...put these blankets on." Amy handed them each a horse blanket.
"Great!" Adam said as the both took a blanket.

Lou was in the kitchen making breakfast for Katie. Katie had been up since 5:45 wanting to play with her new Christmas toys.
"Katie, listen hunny. You can't keep getting up this early to play with you're toys. It makes mommy really tired and it makes you cranky as well." Lou sighed giving Katie her plate of toast.
"I like my toys mommy." Kate said biting into her toast.
"I know you do. I know. How about I set a special alarm for you to get up in the morning to play?" Lou said holding Katie's hands.
"No mommy! I want to play with my toys all day long!" Katie said running into her room.
Lou sighed. Jack walked into the kitchen.
"What was all that about?" Jack asked.
"Katie wants to keep waking up early to play with her toys. Its making me go crazy." Lou said rubbing her eyes.
"Well she does love them. I have never seen her so devoted to her toys." Jack laughed.
"Its not funny!" Lou said cleaning off Katie's plate.
"How about you go take a nap and I will stay here with Katie." Jack asked.
"Really?" Lou looked up to Jack.
"Yes really. Go on now." Jack said.
"Thank you." Lou kissed Jack on the cheek.
Jack sighed and took a sip of his coffee.

    Amy and Ty were finishing up in the barn when Amy heard a thump in the loft. Amy looked up.
"Ty," She said still looking at the ceiling. "Did you hear that?"
"Hear what?" Ty said putting feed into the buckets.
"There was a noise. Like a big thump." Amy said walking towards the stairs to the loft then she stopped.
"I didn't hear anything." Ty said closing the stall door.
"I did. I know I did." Amy said.
Ty walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders.
"Maybe you're just stressed out cause of.." Ty didn't finished cause he knew he didn't say the right words. Oh boy what was he in for?
"Because of what? Because you think being pregnant makes me crazy?"
"No I-"
"I heard it. I will prove it to you." Amy started to walk up the stairs.
"What are you doing?" Ty asked.
"Going to figure out what that noise was." Amy continued to walk up the stairs.
Ty shook his head and laughed.

  Amy peeled her head around the corner of the stairs cautiously. Her eyes scanned the room for any mysterious thump-makers. She looked in cabinets, under couch cushions, under the mattress, you name it. Amy heard a creak in the wood behind her. She turned around and let out a frightened gasp.
"You okay?" Georgie had come up the loft stairs.
"Yes. Im fine I just thought-"
"The mysterious loft monster? Ty told me." Georgie giggled.
"Of course he did." Amy sighed.
"He wanted me to see if you weren't doing anything... mischievous." Georgie raised her eyebrow.
"Mischievous?! Well I-"
"He wanted me to do it cause if he came up you would bite his head off." Georgie snickered.
Amy sighed. "Yeah I probably would have. Well tell him I am just proving my side of this story." Amy said continuing to look for the thump-maker.
Georgie shrugged and went back downstairs.