Chapter ten; Love with a sickness Part one

January 12th was always January cattle drive day. Since Tim had left, Jack was by himself this January. Except he wasn't. Mitch had just come back from his trip and he was taking care of the dude ranch horses. Jack pulled his truck up to the dude ranch parking lot.
"Hey Mitch glad to see you finally back." Jack said sarcastically.
"Uh hey! Jack. Um sorry I was longer than I told you. Something came up." Mitch said not looking at Jack.
"I know about you're mom, Mitch." Jack said.
Mitch sighed. "Oh. Lou told you?"
"Yes and I'm glad she did just that. Why didn't you tell me? I would've understood." Jack asked.
"Um I just wanted to keep it between me and Lou I guess." Mitch said.
"Now that's a load of crap. When you're ready to tell me why, then do that, but for now, you have to help me with the January cattle drive so, tack up." Jack said walking back into his truck like a boss. 
"Yes sir." Mitch said sarcastically.

       Amy working with Spartan in the field. After a strange dream she had of working liberty with Spartan, she wanted to do the same in real life. She held her two whips up gently in the air and told Spartan to woah. As soon as she took about fifteen quick steps back, she lowered her whips and Spartan came galloping over.
"Good boy." Amy whispered to Spartan as she rubbed his neck.
Amy then had Spartan circle chase her. Spartan danced for a good long while and then he stopped.
"Spartan?" Amy asked walking closer to him.
Spartan snorted then took a few steps back.
"Spartan! Its okay boy! Don't go away. Please!" Amy walked closer and closer.
Spartan bolted. He was gone in just a few seconds.
"Spartan!" Amy called. "Spartan please! Come back! Spartan?!" Amy called out for him. She couldn't believe what just happened. She had to catch her breath.
"Spa-Spartan?" Amy weakly asked.
She started to get tears in her eyes. Has she been neglecting Spartans attention needs? She sat down in the grass with her whips in her hands. She looked down at her whips and started to run her hands across them softly saying,
"Spartan? Spartan don't leave me."

    At Maggie's, the place was almost completely full. Since Jade was in Texas, Georgie had her friend Ricky to help out.
"Mom! We have been working over shift! When can go?" Georgie complained.
"Please! My next two waitresses come in about twenty minutes. Please just help you're mom out." Lou asked giving a table their breakfast.
"She played the mom card." Ricky said.
"Yep. It always works." Georgie said filling up a coffee cup.
"So. How's you're dad been doing?" Ricky asked.
"He's doing better. Everything has healed that was hurt." Georgie said.
"Both mentally and physically?" Ricky raised her eyebrow.
Georgie rolled her eyes. "Lou is actually going to see how he's doing later today."
"That's cool. So Adam asked me to tell you he wanted to see you after school." Ricky said.
"Oh okay." Georgie said.
"It seemed urgent." Ricky said.
"Oh good you're here early!" Lou said letting the two waitresses in.
"Yes! We can leave. See you later Mrs. Morris." Ricky said as her and Georgie left.

Ty was in the loft fixing loose wood boards in the floor. Amy walked up and all she heard was hammering. "Gah! Damn floor boards." Ty smashed his finger with a hammer.
She didn't say anything she just sat on the couch. Ty stopped. He saw that Amy didn't look good. He walked over and sat next to her.
"You okay?" He put his hand over her shoulder.
Amy just shook her heard with tears in her eyes.
"Hey. What's wrong?" Ty asked taking her hands in his.
"Ty. Its Spartan." Amy said looking at Ty.
"What's wrong? Is he hurt?" Ty asked.
"No no. He...he ran away from me." Amy choked under her breath.
"Amy. Come here." Ty said as Amy leaned into Ty's arms as she started to cry.
"What did I do? He doesn't like me!" Amy said.
"No he does. He loves you." Ty said.
"Then why did he run away? And...and-" Amy couldn't finish. She had to let all the tears out onto Ty's chest.
"Im sorry, Amy. I really am." Ty said hugging her.

"Hey Jack! This is a pretty big job meant for three people. Want me to ride back and grab Ty?" Mitch asked trotting his horse over to Jack.
"No. That's about an hour ride back. Maybe more." Jack said.
Mitch shrugged as they went on.
"Hyup! Lets go cows!" Jack called waving his rope in the air as he whistled.
"Lets go! Move on!" Mitch called.
The cows slowly moved on. All you could here was mooing as they moseyed onward.