Chapter seven; The Final Straw

Georgie woke up early the next morning. She planned to get her share of cleaning done before anything else. She wanted to spend the rest of the day with her boys, Trouble and Phoenix. Amy came down the loft stairs. "Looks like you are getting an early start." Amy said.
"Yeah, I wanted to start early so I can spend more time with the sick horses." Georgie said scrubbing a saddle.
"I should do my fair share now too. I have to talk with Lou and my dad later so might as well start cleaning now." Amy said grabbing a rag.
"You don't want Tim to go. Right?" Georgie asked.
"No I never said that. I just don't think its right for him to go now. Out of all times." Amy said.
"Well I called him last night. He said he'd only be gone for a month. Amy you aren't even seven months pregnant yet." Georgie said.
"I know I'm not! Something could happen though!" Amy said sternly.
Georgie rolled her eyes. "Listen I have got to go clean the sick stall rails outside." Georgie walked out of the barn. Amy sighed then continued with her chores.

Back at the house, Lou was in the laundry room getting out extra cleaning supplies. "Let me help you." Lisa said grabbing sponges.
"Thanks Lisa. I can't believe we are in quarantine again." Lou shook her head.
"Yeah its not pleasing that is for sure, but we have to remember, we're all more familiar with this type of experience." Lisa said. Lou just nodded.

Ty was on his computer searching "strangles effects on other horses". Georgie walked in. "Hey Ty. I finished giving Trouble his food. He actually ate it!" Georgie cheered. (Picture above) Ty quickly closed his tab since he didn't want Georgie to see the graphic images. "That's really good Georgie." Ty said.
"Yeah. So is there anything you can do for Trouble and Phoenix today?" Georgie asked.
"Actually I think there is. You know giving Trouble his strangles vaccine would be a big help if he didn't have strangles at the moment. So it wouldn't help much if I gave it to him now. I do have a certain medicine at the clinic. Ugh the only bad part is that it is very," Ty tried to think of a word.
"Pricy? Ty I could pay for it if I tried!" Georgie cried.
"No no. Well yes it is pricy but it is also not meant for that certain illness. It could have side affects." Ty said.
"What side affects? Are they 100% likely to happen?" Georgie asked.
"Its just like minor colds, drowsiness, ear fungus. Its not bad side affects and I'd say a good eighty percent likely." Ty said.
"Oh I thought side affects were like death." Georgie giggled.
"No!" Ty laughed. "And besides, this is the last straw. I can't take this anymore." Ty finished. Georgie smirked. She thought what Ty said was cheesy. She laughed a little. "What's so funny!? Go finish cleaning!" Ty laughed pointing to the sick stalls. "Okay okay I'm going!" Georgie left.
"Hey Georgie," Ty called to her. Georgie turned around. "I wouldn't let my niece pay for anything." Georgie smiled and left to go clean the sick stalls.

"Okay I'm here." Tim sat down at the kitchen table with Lou and Amy.
"Dad, we need you to listen." Lou said.
"Alright tell me how I'm failing." Tim said.
"Dad, you're not failing. I just don't understand why you rejected them the first time and now considering." Amy said.
"Because the first time the rodeo school needed me twenty-four seven. This time it will be for about a month. At the most two months. I have supported all of your dreams. I don't understand why you can't do the same for me!" Tim said.
"I know you think we are making you think to reject this idea, but really we aren't trying to exclude you!" Lou said.
"Exclude me in what?! I will only be gone for a little. How much can I miss in that time?" Tim yelled.
"This baby dad! Mom won't be here! I need you!" Amy cried.
"Amy," Tim grabbed her hand. "I won't miss anything." He finished.
"But what if something happens?" Lou asked.
"I would be back in a heartbeat." Tim said. The girls smiled.
"You're sure?" Amy asked.
"I promise." Tim said.

"Alright. Let me inject this real quick." Ty gave Trouble the vaccine.
"Good boy." Georgie patted Trouble.
"That should do it. Let me do Phoenix now." Ty said. Georgie nodded.
"So how long does this take to work?" Georgie asked.
"Over 24 hours. Lets just be patient, okay?" Ty asked.
"Yeah. I just hate seeing them both sick at the same time." Georgie sighed. Ty looked at Georgie.
"Hey," Ty put his hand on Georgie's shoulder. "This will be over soon. Got it?" Georgie sighed and nodded. "Good. Now help me over here." Ty said.

     Amy was driving into town for her almost seven month appointment. She wished Ty went with her but she knew that he was needed at heartland. She needed him because this was going to be the appointment where a 3D print will be made of their baby. Ty did want to see it, but he knew he was needed elsewhere. Amy slammed on her brakes. A huge car crash had happened right before her eyes. She was okay but startled. She sighed in relief. "You're okay." She whispered to her baby. Amy called the police. "Yeah hi there has been a car crash...."

    About and hour or two had passed. Ty was wondering if Amy had been in yet. He called her cell. Amy looked at her phone. "Ty," she sighed. "I forgot."
"Hey Ty." Amy said.
"Hey. So are you done?" Ty asked.
"Uh no actually. Im in the waiting room. There was an accident on the way here." Amy said.
"What?! Are you okay?" Ty asked.
"Yeah I'm fine. I didn't collide with anyone. People in front of me did." Amy said.
"But you are fine?" Ty asked again.
"Yes! Im fine Ty. Don't worry. I will be back in an hour." Amy sighed.
"Alright. Love you." Ty said.
"Love you too. Bye." Amy hung up.

   A day had passed and it was now Friday. Georgie woke up early. She knew that Ty would be up so they could check up on her boys. She ran out to the sick stalls. No sign of Ty. Ran into the barn. No sign either. "How is he still sleeping?!" Georgie said to herself. She ran up the loft. She sighed when she saw him sleeping. "Ty!" She whispered from the loft stairs. No movement. "Ty! C'mon wake up!" She said a bit louder.
"Wha..?" Ty rolled over. Georgie pointed to the sick stalls.
"Oh! Im up." He jumped out of bed.

    They both ran out to the stalls. Ty ripped open his vet bag. He quickly examined both horses. He had a sigh of relief.  "What? What's wrong?" Georgie asked.
"Absolutely nothing. They are both strangles free." Ty smiled.
"Really? For sure?" Georgie asked. Ty nodded. Georgie squealed then ran to hug Ty.

      A few hours had passed. Jade was at heartland getting ready to leave with Tim to Texas. "So you are really going to do this?" Georgie asked Jade.
"Yep. All packed and ready to go." Jade smiled.
"Im really going to miss you." Georgie said hugging her best friend.
"Don't worry. Its only going to be a month." Jade smiled then closed Tim's truck door.
"Have fun dad." Lou said hugging Tim.
"I will sweetie." Tim said. Amy walked up to Tim. "Listen dad. I want you to know that I'm proud of you. I am." Amy smiled.
"Im proud of you. Remember I will be back in no time." Tim smiled. Then shut his truck door.
Everyone waved. Tim did it. He's going to Texas.

    Up in the loft, Ty was chilling on the couch. Amy sat down next to him. "Since you were so worried about me yesterday, we never got a chance to see this." Amy held up a piece of paper.
"Is that the-" Ty got cut off.
"3D scan? Yes." Amy smiled then flipped over the piece of paper.

" Amy smiled then flipped over the piece of paper

Ty put his hand in a fist. He put his fist up to his mouth. "Its beautiful." Ty smiled.
"Just for us." Amy smiled.
"Hey! Our nugget is waving hi to us!" Ty laughed. Amy giggled back.
Amy and Ty leaned their heads together. They both looked at each other then smiled. Ty kissed Amy on the forehead. Amy kissed Ty back ever so sweetly on the lips. They knew they were inseparable. Nothing could bring them closer than the child that they will be having.