☽ The Moon Goddess

"So, I guess this is it." Cassie said as she put the last of her suitcases in Landon's car. She took one last look at the black castle before turning to the road.

She was really leaving. Our Aunt and Uncle managed to snag her a job in business, except the job was in California, which was thousands of miles from here.

"You and Landon better visit." I told her.

"We will," She smiled at me and I was happy for her. Despite Landon's short depression after Penny's death, his aura still lingered for Cassie. He was giving her a chance and he was good, so I didn't think too much about them.

We just stood in silence, looking away from each other. I wished things could just be normal again. But I'd never forget what had happened between us.

Cassie's hands fidgeted and I'd never seen her so nervous.

"I'm sorry, Mad, for everything," She blurted and I sighed.

"I'm just happy it's all over,"

"No, the whole thing was my fault. Deep down, I knew I wasn't their Moon Goddess but I pretended to be because I was jealous of you. It's always you—you have no idea how perfect you are and I just wanted something for myself." Cassie hung her head. "You don't have to forgive me or anything but I just think you should know."

"Cassie, we've been through a lot. Hopefully we can put it all behind us." A part of me wanted to never see her again but a bigger part of me wanted to forget.

"You're the best sister anyone could have. I'm so happy for you."

Landon came up beside her, "Cassie, are you ready?"

She looked at me one last and gave me a hug. I hugged her back and hoped she'd finally find what she was looking for.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" She meant me choosing not to go to college.

"I'm sure."

"Live a happy life, Maddy, I'll miss you the most." Cassie finally let me go and her eyes were all teary.

"I love you, Cass,"

"I love you, too, Mad." She cried and I tried to smile.

"Don't cry," I said, "Because if you start crying, I'm going to start crying and I don't want my last memory of us to be crying."

Cassie smiled, "I'll see you later." She followed Landon and slid into the passenger seat.

"Good luck in California!" I exclaimed and she rolled down her window.

"Good luck being the Moon Goddess!" She waved happily, tears streaming down her cheeks.

I waved back as Cassie and Landon drove away. I smiled and tried not to cry as I saw their car disappear beyond the gates.

This was finally it, we were finally going our separate ways.

Zack came up behind me and tugged on my arm to follow him.

"Hey, Maddy, you don't want to miss this." We walked back inside and entered the throne room, where I saw a familiar face.

"Is that. . . Ever?" Her rogue clothes were replaced with casual attire and her hair was neatly brushed.

"Yup, the Alpha has returned."

Along with everyone else in the pack, I watched as Ever approached her parents. She didn't smile but from the look on her parents' faces, they were happy to see her.

"Where did you find her? How did you find her?"

"Noelle and I persuaded her to come back." Zack told me and I just looked at him.

"And she just agreed?" I knew Ever, she'd never come back to the pack that made her fight her own brother.

"Well, I have some pretty good persuasive skills." He shrugged and I smiled. I was happy and slightly relieved Ever came back. I knew she worried about her parents, brothers, and especially her pack when she left.

She was a born leader, it was in her blood, and she finally accepted her fate. Like I did.

I still wasn't sure about her and Zack being mates but their auras were in sync. They complimented each other in ways I could accept.

"Good morning," Archer found us and stood next to me.

"Archer, hi," I said as we reached for each other's hands, "Have you talked to your sister yet?" They probably had a lot of catching up to do.

He nodded, "Not yet, but I'm happy she came back. I thought we'd lost her forever."

"That was mostly because of me." Zack interjected.

"Thank you," He said respectfully. He then got very serious, "Maddy, I got you a phone, since you told me you didn't have one." He handed me a brand new silver iPhone and I gaped at him. That must've cost a fortune.

"Aw, thank you, Archer," I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. He kissed my lips when I tried to pull away and I smiled.

My new phone buzzed but I ignored it, giving into him even more.

My phone buzzed three times in a row and I finally broke away, looking down at the screen.

There were one-hundred and twenty-two messages from an unknown number.

I scrolled to the top and realized it was Cassie.

Cassie: I heard Archer gave you a phone for your birthday. He's so sweet<3

Cassie: Landon and I just left Appleby!

Cassie: Miss you already:(

I scrolled down to the most recent texts and all of them said the same thing.

Cassie: OMG. MADDY GO TO THIS LINK

Cassie: WATCH THIS LINK

Cassie: IM SERIOUS WATCH THE LINK AND SHOW THE OTHERS

I clicked the blue link she was talking about and it led me straight to YouTube.

"What is it?" Archer asked, taking it in my worried expression.

"Cassie told me to watch this video. It sounded important." Archer and Zack looked over my shoulder to see the screen.

Honestly, what video could've been so important that she had to send over a hundred texts about it?

When I read the title of the video, I choked on air.

It was a video of Drake phasing into his wolf form and was titled "Werewolves Aren't Just Myths".

The video was posted on June 1st, me and Cassie's graduation, the same day Drake was exiled. It was recorded by an anonymous individual.

And it already had more than 2 billion views.