☽ Things Change

Cassie threw one of her textbooks at me but Zack stepped in and caught it effortlessly.

She growled and glared at me, "Can you get your fucking bodyguard out of the way so I can hit you."

"Zack, step aside."

"What? No way-"

This is my fight. You don't see Drake defending Cassie. I yelled in his head and he tensed.

I didn't know if it was my wise words or the shock that I could mind-link that ultimately made him back off. But he backed up and dropped Cassie's textbook on the floor.

Give her hell. He said in my mind and I smiled. That's exactly what I was going to do.

I've had seventeen years of hidden hatred and anger bottled up inside me waiting to explode. That just wasn't healthy.

Are you sure this is a good idea? Archer finally interjected and I nodded.

Best one I've ever had. No one was stopping me. I didn't care that I was going to physically hurt my sister, I didn't care that I could get in trouble, I just didn't care.

As soon as Cassie gave the rest of her textbooks to Drake, she crossed the five feet between us and got in my face.

She made the first move, punching me in the face. It sounded more like a slap because her fist slipped into a palm, which sounded like it hurt more than it actually did. The slap was weak but still stung my skin.

She tried again, using her same hand to aim at my nose. But she overshot it and her fist connected with empty air above my head.

"Where did you learn those cheap moves?" I taunted, feeling good.

For once, Cassie didn't respond. Instead, she did the dirtiest thing a girl could do during a fight: she grabbed my hair. Her grip was tight around the tips of my hair and she used it to twist me around so that my face was up against the lockers.

I yelped in pain and as a reflex, stepped as hard as I could on her foot and she squealed.

If she could fight dirty then so could I.

Cassie spit in my face and attacked me as I tried to grab her flailing arms. She was stronger than me but I was smarter so I hit her in a spot where she wasn't protected: her stomach. I bit my lip and without thinking twice, brought my knee up and used as much force I could. My knee connected with her ribs and she immediately collapsed to the floor.

"Fuck!" She shrieked in the middle of the empty hall but as soon as she fell to the floor, she started to get up again.

Her eyes were deadly, expression ferocious, as she growled and shoved my back against the harsh wall, frantically hitting me in the face.

"What is going on here?"

Both of us froze and looked up. It was Principal Calbury with her hands on her hips and her wild curly hair like angry fire.

And she didn't look happy.

"My office. Now."

.•*•.