☽ Taking Sides

As I was zoning out on the white carpet next to my bed, I heard a knock on the door and a random girl peeked her head in.

"Good morning, Moon Goddess, may I enter?" She asked super politely.

"Sure," It felt weird being called a goddess, I certainly didn't look like one right now with my polka dotted pajamas and massive bedhead.

I wiped my eyes, exhausted from yesterday.

I couldn't get any sleep last night. I'd been worried about the killer coming after me and I'd been hyperaware of Archer sleeping next to me. Mostly because of the latter.

"We thought it would be desirable to assign a personal servant to you," She asked.

Why would I need a personal servant?

"Come in," She barked and the door opened to reveal a slim girl with white marble skin and jet black hair. When she looked up I almost thought I was still dreaming.

"I believe you're familiar with Noelle," The girl looked at Noelle with disgust, which made me defensive. All I wanted to do was hug her to death and catch up.

She continued, "She's a gift from the pack, to celebrate your induction."

"Thank you?"

Since when was a person considered a "gift" to others?

"She'll be living out her days as your servant. Anything you want, she'll do. Is that clear?" Her question was aimed at Noelle, who stood silently.

"Is that clear?" She repeated and Noelle exhaled as a reply.

"Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on her. She's totally harmless," The girl headed towards the door, "Are you okay with the rogue as your servant?" Not as a servant but as a friend.

"Yeah,"

"Don't be afraid to put her to work. Maybe you'll think twice about leaving, rogue," She spat at Noelle and with a gracious bow in my direction, she left, "Have a good day, Moon Goddess."

I couldn't contain my relief to see that she wasn't hurt, "Noelle, I'm so happy to see you're-"

Noelle walked right up to me and covered my mouth.

"Stop talking, people are listening." She warned lowly.

"Like who?" I whispered.

"Everyone in this damn castle." She started to judge me harshly like she'd done when we first met. But I was just happy she was alive.

"So you're the Moon Goddess, huh?" She asked calmly but her eyes betrayed her. Her dark brown eyes were filled with sheer hatred.

I nodded slowly and she narrowed her eyes, clasping her hands in front of her and bowing her head, almost mocking me.

"What can I do for you, Moon Goddess?" She spat the title in my face and I flinched.

"Nothing right now."

"If there is nothing I can do to satisfy you, I will leave you be." Her words were restricted with mocked formality and I hated it. Why couldn't she just talk to me? Did she hate me because I lied? Well, I didn't really lie, I just found out a few weeks ago.