☾Silver and Gold

Everything was gold

Everything was gold.

The huge chandelier dangling from the ceiling refracted light off of clear cut diamonds and flooded the ballroom with a a golden haze. The walls were painted liquid gold, as well as the golden tablecloths at each table where some of the partygoers were gossiping at. The confetti, which was scattered all over the tile floor, was glittering gold.

At the very top of the staircase, a young girl wearing a plastic gold crown on top of her platinum blond hair made her entrance and looked down on everyone. Her glamorously gold dress fluttered around her legs and attracted everyone's attention.

It was Cassie Aster's eighteenth birthday party and she wanted everything to be perfect.

The chocolate water fountain had to be perfect, the eighteen-layered cheesecake had to be perfect, the music had to be perfect and most important of all, Cassie had to be perfect.

I waited in the wings as she descended the stairs. We met up when she reached the bottom.

"You look amazing!"

"I know, right," she smirked then gave me a once over, "Nice dress."

"Thanks." I was wearing one of her old dresses that she didn't want anymore. It was a plain silver dress with sheer straps and the faintest hint of sparkle. It was much simpler than her sparkling ballgown.

"Let's get this party started with a round of tequila," she grinned devilishly.

"Mom and Dad will kill you if—"

"If they ever find out, which they won't. I mean, would it kill me if I drank just one glass, the birthday girl's entitled to have some fun at her own party." She gestured with her hand to follow as she headed to the bar.

I followed, but only to make sure she wouldn't go back on her word.

When we got to the bar, she smiled at the young bartender with different colored eyes, who also happened to be very attractive.

"A shot of your finest tequila," she purred in her most sultry voice while I awkwardly stood off to the side.

"Are you even old enough?" He asked teasingly and she pouted, leaning her elbows on the counter.

"A woman never reveals her age." She winked and he grinned.

"Give me your number and we'll call it even."

"Done."

He turned around and Cassie beamed at me. Flirting was second nature for her.