☾Queen of the Exiles

Carefully listening in on their conversations, I eventually learned all of their names

Carefully listening in on their conversations, I eventually learned all of their names. I already knew Milo and Noelle but I learned Sabine's, the blond girl, when Milo pushed her into a tree while we were moving.

"You should've seen the look on your face, Sabine. Fucking priceless." He chuckled as she stood up and wiped the snow from her eyes.

"You know what I'd like to see? The look on your face when I get my revenge—sweet, violent revenge." She showed all of her teeth, white and sharp.

Milo gulped and backed away.

"He better run." She muttered and leaned against the same tree she ran into. She looked at me, as if finally noticing I was there, "What are you staring at?"

"Nothing." I backed up.

Sabine narrowed her eyes at me and asked Noelle, "How much further?"

"Ever said one more mile."

I watched curiously as Sabine retrieved something from the inside of her many furs and produced a small something wrapped in a leaf.

"Here, eat." She shoved something in my mouth and I nearly gagged on it but I forced myself to swallow it. What was that? It smelled like rotting bone and tasted like death.

"Thanks." I wanted to wipe my tongue but my wrists were tied. Great, now the taste would forever stain my mouth.

"We don't want you to faint, you'd only slow us down." Sabine shrugged me off. They finally let me walk on my own without a blindfold instead of Noelle carrying me but I could see they were regretting it. I barely kept up at their super sonic speed.

I spared a glimpse at Ever, the woman with the black braids whose name I overheard from the others. She was young, close to my age, and I assumed that she was the leader. What did they call a werewolf leader again? I think it's called an Alpha.

"Is she your Alpha?" I asked, scared to say her name.

"If we believed in hierarchy, then yes, but since we don't, no. And never refer to her as the Alpha, we left that behind." Sabine snapped and started to walk again. What did she mean, she left that behind?

I followed her and wondered why they were in the woods in the first place. I didn't know how werewolves worked but I was pretty sure they didn't live in makeshift tents in the middle of winter. At least, not from what I gathered about Landon's way of life. They were civilized and lived in a huge castle but it seemed these werewolves had no home.