☽ Stab Me in the Back

Graduation was in two days. . .

I couldn't believe it, I was finally going to leave and never come back. This all felt like a terrible dream I'd never wake up from; I just wanted to forget.

I was walking back to my room when I ran into a familiar face.

Cassie was alone this time, Drake wasn't there to tell her what to do.

She and I still weren't speaking to each other even though I was ready to burst. I couldn't stand being rivals with my sister.

I opened my mouth to say something but she completely ignored me, she didn't even look at me.

She'd already walked passed me when I clenched my hands into fists.

"Please tell me you had nothing to do with Penny's death." I spun on my heel and blurted.

"I'll tell you if you tell me why on Earth you'd tell Mom and Dad about werewolves." She hissed and crossed her arms.

"You didn't answer the question."

"Why would you tell them?" She ignored me and I exploded.

"Because they deserve to know! They're our parents!" I shot back angrily.

"They never would've known in the first place if you didn't snitch." She spat and slapped me across the face.

My head snapped back in shock at what she just did. When I looked back at her, she wore a smug smirk.

That's. It.

I disregarded everything and punched her in the jaw. My knuckles connected with bone and I shook my hand.

"Bitch!" She shrieked, blood staining her clothes.

She shoved me into the wall and I dodged a huge swing that hit the wall.

My heart jumped, my body going into survival mode.

Cassie tried again but I moved out of the way, just barely in time. Her punches were sloppy, her emotions getting in the way.

"I'll kill you!" She yelled in frustration and tried kicking me but I caught her foot and twisted it so she fell on the ground.

She growled loudly and tried kicking me when she was still on her side. I approached her slowly, worried I'd gone too far, but she swept my feet out from under me.

I jumped back up but she was quicker.

She retaliated by kicking me hard in the knee. I heard bones crack and instantly fell on my hands for a second before she started hitting me. That hurt.

She kicked me in the ribs when I was still down and I felt tears pierce my eyes. I couldn't breathe, it felt like a knife piercing my lungs.

I collapsed onto my side, clutching my hands to my knee.

With as much strength as I could muster, I looked up at Cassie in a blurry haze.

She smirked at me before wrapping her hands around my neck and choking me. I couldn't do anything, the throbbing pain in my knee much stronger. My body was giving up.