☾Full Moon

Returning to school on a Thursday was a terrible idea. I had to stay after school to catch up on everything I'd missed. It was four o'clock when I finally got out which was usually the time the late bus came.

Except, no one told me that the late buses had switched to a new schedule, so I ended up waiting in the rain. I tried calling Cassie but it went straight to voice mail. Surprise, surprise.

I was about to call home but I realized my parents were out on a business trip, again.

So here I was standing in the rain, locked out of the school and wondering what to do. The heavy downpour drenched every inch of my clothes and soaked my socks. I sneezed as cold water was being dumped on my head.

Suddenly, the rain stopped falling on me and I noticed a black umbrella was covering my head.

"You must be cold," A familiar voice made my heart skip a beat and when I saw who it was, I blinked to make sure my eyes weren't seeing things.

"Archer? What are you doing in Appleby?" I asked, tensing when our shoulders touched. I was unsure of whether to lean in or keep my distance; I felt like I was invading his personal space.

"I need to speak with Drake but the doors are locked," His deep brown eyes forced me to look at the stormy clouds, "What are you doing out here in the rain?"

"I missed my bus." I said glumly.

"I can give you a ride," He offered but I shook my head.

"No, it's okay, you're busy right now, so. . ." I trailed off.

"It's better than waiting here in the rain, you'll get sick," Maybe I shouldn't stand out here, it was pretty cold.

"But don't you have to talk to Drake?" I asked, remembering what he said.

"It's not urgent," Archer gestured to head to his car with his umbrella, "Come on, I'll drive you."

I didn't argue, honestly needing the free ride.

We sat in comfortable silence and listened to the rain patter on the windows. I wiped my face with the tiny towel Archer gave me and felt the heat blast onto my face. His car was a brand new Mercedes adorned with a black leather interior and heated seats. It was polished with the most expensive materials.

"This is your car?" I blurted, face-palming myself as soon as the words came out. Maddy, he's a twenty-something-year-old man, of course he can pay for his own car.

"Actually, no," He shook his head, "I could never afford this car,"

"Oh. Then it's the pack car?"

"My parents own it, yes." He nodded and I realized I knew nothing about him other than the fact that he was the pack doctor. And had rich parents.

"Do you have another job, you know, besides as the pack healer?" I was curious, I couldn't stop the questions coming from my mind.

"No."

I hummed, trying to sound nonchalant, "Really? I thought someone your age would have another job or something." I remembered Landon saying that most wolves pick up human jobs to make extra money for the pack. He could be a doctor or doctor's assistant if he wanted.