☽ Pack Law

When I entered the castle, people were running all over the place. I searched frantically for Archer and suddenly spotted him at the bottom of the staircase, talking to the Gamma, Marvel.

I was almost out of breath by the time I reached him.

"Archer, have you seen Penny?"

Marvel quickly left and Archer's face visibly darkened with a somber expression.

"Maddy, what are you doing here?"

"Answer the question." I demanded and then added softly, "Please."

He rubbed the side of his face.

"She was killed."

No.

"I was too late," I shook my head with immense guilt, quickly hyperventilating, "I saw Penny dying in my dreams and I still couldn't stop it, it's my fault-"

"Maddy," Archer clasped a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down, "It's not your fault, you didn't know."

"Who killed her?" I asked abruptly and he clenched his jaw.

"Noelle."

I was hit with another hard blow.

"You're lying, it wasn't her, it couldn't be. She left with the other rogues, right? Right?" Things were falling apart and I didn't know why. Noelle wasn't a killer.

"No, it's true, that filthy rogue killed one of our wolves, I saw it with my own eyes." We turned around and saw Drake walking down the grand staircase.

Archer extended an arm infront of me, as if he were trying to protect me, but I couldn't just stand there. He manipulated Cassie, he had something to do with this, too.

"I don't believe you." I spoke up.

"Excuse me?" Drake glared down at me but I stood my ground, "You don't believe me? You'd rather take the word of a rogue than the word of someone in your own pack?"

I ignored Archer's cold stare warning me to stop talking, "Yes."

"Why am I not surprised? You sympathize with her; her, the rogue, even though she was the one who kidnapped you and tried to kill you? Wake up, Maddy," He snapped harshly, "She isn't your friend nor the person you think she is." With that, Drake stalked off.

I still couldn't believe anything he said; I wouldn't.

"Do you believe him?" I asked Archer, who looked indifferent.

He looked at me and sighed, "No one else saw what happened. Drake and Noelle were the only ones in the same room when Landon found them. No one else knows the truth except for Drake and Noelle."

I could see it in his eyes; he had no choice but to believe him.

"What does Noelle say?"

"She didn't say anything."

"Why not?" Has anyone even tried to talk to her?