A Percabeth Christmas Story

Start from the beginning

Annabeth slipped of the plastic gown they had given her and replaced it with the clothes she was wearing, which was a pair of dark jeans and a light green sweater. I got up and Annabeth padded quietly out the door behind me. As we got out to my car, I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she shrugged. I turned on my car and headed towards Annabeth's favorite Pizza place. I parked  and we walk in  then sat a table.  After we placed our order we chatted. My motherly instincts told me that she was nervous about how Percy would react when she told him even though they were married and had one of the strongest relationships I had ever seen." I know your nervous, but you'll be fine. I know that you can trust Percy to be there when you need him. I also know for a fact that Percy wants kids and wants to name two of them Nemo and Dory. Please don't let him name my grandchildren after animated fish. You also can't keep this a secret from him though." I told her.  Annabeth smiled at me. "Thanks, i won't and I know." she said.

*Christmas Morning*

3rd person pov

It was snowing outside (super Christmas cliche, ik. remember this is also New York Too, so......... but I need the snow for the plot later).  and the Jackson- Blofis residents and their guest were just stirring. Three of the four occupants had woken to the smell of breakfast being cooked and the smell of sizzling bacon. The three who had been sleeping got out of bed and game downstairs in their pajamas just as Sally was setting plates of food on the table. Morning greetings were exchanged as the family sat down to enjoy a delicious meal before opening presents. After everyone and eaten to their stomach's content, they traveled to their living room, where their Christmas tree was located, to open presents.

Sally, Paul, Percy and Annabeth sat in a loose circle on the floor next to the tree. Sally passed the first gift she touched to the proper recipient. The neatly wrapped decorative paper was eagerly torn off by the Son of Poseidon. Once the paper was removed, the gift was revealed to be a  video game given to the young man by his mother. A large grin spread across his face in appreciation.  The gift exchange went on for quite a while, each recipient smiling and thanking the person who gave it to them. Finally, it appeared that there were no more resents. The blonde teen stood up and went upstairs. A few minutes later, she came back into the living room, carrying a flat box wrapped with Christmas paper and a bow on top. She handed the box to her husband then sat on his lap. The young man eagerly tore the paper off to find a picture like an x-ray and a note, handwritten in his wife's beautiful perfect penmanship.

The young man read the note several times through, his brain trying to process the information. Finally, the man looked up and smiled at his wife, then placed a soft kiss on the back of her neck. What made the man so happy, you might ask? The picture was not an x-ray as he had first thought it was, but an ultrasound with their first child. And the note had seven simple words that made the teen's soul shine. Those words? Merry Christmas Daddy. I love you -Annabeth.

The older couple quietly observed this passionate moment between the younger couple with love and pride as they were thrilled to have their first grandchild. The mother kindly asked her family to put their presents upstairs where they would be out of the way and would not accidentally get stepped on, crushed or destroyed. they gathered their resents and went upstairs. The young couple sat on the young man's bed in a comfortable silence.

Percy pov

I was surprised by Annabeth's news, but that doesn't I wasn't happy about it. I was ecstatic, really. I had always wanted to be a father. My brain, however was not on the same page as my heart, because it was being slow and still hadn't processed what I read several times. I could tell that she wanted me to say something. anything. But I had no clue what to say or how to put the multitude of thoughts swimming around my brain into coherent phrases. The silence was deafening. I needed to say something but I couldn't. The sound of Annabeth yelling brought my attention to her. " Will you please say something" She screamed at me. " I don't know what to say." I yelled back at her. I know I probably Shouldn't have yelled but she made me mad by yelling at me for no reason and she wasn't giving me a chance to think about anything. Apparently, that wasn't the answer she wanted because she stood up, grabbed the keys to her silver mustang, got her phone, glared at me, then handed me back the engagement and wedding ring then walked out without a word, slamming my door as she went.  I should have followed her but I was too shocked to do anything  but stare at the two rings in my hands. I somehow knew she was going camp to get away from me and think.