Somethings Up

I sit at my desk going over a lab paperwork as I get a call. I flip over my cell phone to see its Cortona. I slip my phone into my pocket and get up. I leave everything here and decide to take my lunch break now. I sign out quickly and rush to my motorbike.

I park in the garage and run through the door to the basement. I scan my eyes and run down the steps.

"Cortona secure connection with Director Fury" I say as I set up my computer.

"Connection secure" Cortona replies and I stand up. Fury appears in front of me and he seems worried which is a first.

"Director" I say.

"I'm going to make this fast Agent Kestrel because I don't know who's watching" Fury says whispering. I chill goes up my spine and I stiffen. "There is something going on here and I don't know what. Right now I only trust you and Rogers. Stay on the look out and trust no one" the rooms goes dark as the hologram turns off.

"Cortona call Amber Hall" I say as I look over to my two suits on their stands.

"Juno" I hear Amber say.

"Secure connection" I wait about ten seconds before I hear her voice again.

"Connection secured"

"What are you doing right now"

"Walking out of the base. What's going on Juno"

"I just got a call from Fury and something up. He said he doesn't trust anyone. Keep your head up and alert, if you need to call me and come here"

"Okay, Juno you know I'm not a field agent. I've never been on the run before what's happening"

"Just pretend this phone call never happened until something else happens. You'll know what to do" and with that I hang up. I can tell Amber is scared, but I'm not feeling it. I've gone off the grid for years. If something does happen my powers are documented in the files, hopefully they won't be able to be opened.

* * *

Barry's Point of View

I print out my most recent lab report and decide to see is Juno is here. I walk out of the lab and see her desk empty, but some of her stuff still here. Weird. I walk down the stairs to find Joe. I find him talking to Iris.

"Hey guys, Joe here is the lab report" I say and hand him the folder.

"Thank Barry" he says and walks off. I turn around and Iris follows me back to the lab.

"Hey Iris" I say an remember what Juno told me. I clear my throat and Iris looks up at me. "Ummm...you know that me and Juno are dating right?"
I ask. She sighs and visibly slumps her shoulders.

"Ya I know" she says.

"Okay good, Juno though maybe you didn't know" I say awkwardly. I'm not the best with words. She sits up a little straiter.

"Speaking of Juno I saw her leave here a couple minuets ago seemed like she was in a hurry to leave. She was looking at her phone" Iris says slyly. "She looked really nice today. Are you two going out for lunch?" I frown.

"No"

"Oh, she seemed like she was trying today. Anyways got to go" Iris says then gets up and leaves. I sit in my chair confused. Was Iris trying to say she think Juno's going out with someone else? I sit there for a couple of minutes before going to look for her. I run jog down the stairs and as I turn the corner I almost run into someone. I'm about to say sorry when I see its Juno. I grab her arm and take her upstairs.