chapter twenty

I heard Louis sigh deeply as the door swung open, Gemma's face appeared, she smiled as she looked at me, "Hey Har- Louis! What a surprise!" She smiled widely, I rolled my eyes, "Right now, Harry?" She said to me, her eyes popping. I smiled and nodded.

  I heard thumping down the stairs and Gemma's eyes widened more, she backed up into the house and sped walked towards the stairs, I heard a gasp and more thumping of Lottie running back up the stairs.

  "Harry.." Louis whispered, I looked over to him as we entered the house, "What's happening?" I shut the door behind us, and gripped Louis' shoulder. 

  "It's not a surprise if I tell you, Lou." I whispered back, smirking, he chuckled nervously as Gemma came back into the room.

  "If you're sure, Harry.." She smiled and escorted Louis and I into the room, "Where, uh.." I stammered, she chuckled and gave Louis an apologetic smile, then dragged me out of the room. I winked at Louis as I left his sight.

  "A warning would be perfect, Harry." She hissed at me, glancing over her shoulder at the living room door. I shrugged, "He was feeling a little down, upset that I had someone to go to, family, you know. He misses her, I can't wait any longer. It's killing him."

  She nodded and her face went into her hands, "She's upstairs getting ready, you might wanna go talk to her, she's a little nervous. 

  I nodded, and turned towards the stairs, but paused and turned back to her, "Gem?" She twisted back around, cocking her head, "Don't flirt with my boyfriend." I winked and she rolled her eyes, waving her arms in the air at me. I chuckled and as I walked up the stairs, I realized what I had just said.

  Boyfriend. 

  My feet stumbled, but I regained control and entered the long hallway, "Lots? You around?" She exited a room and dragged me back inside it, shutting the door.

  "Are you crazy? I'm so nervous. I was so excited, I'm scared, without warning, Harry!?" She paced around the room, two different dresses spread out on her bed, the rest of her closet seemed to be everywhere else.

  "Lottie, relax. He's your brother, you've been literally begging me to bring him by, well, now I have. You need to get down there and say hello. Gemma and I might go out for a cup of coffee while you two catch up, or vice versa. Whichever." 

  She nodded, but continued pacing. I sighed and leaned against the wall, she glanced at me looking so calm, and stuck her tongue out at me. 

  "Lottie. He loves you more than you'll ever know. He doesn't know what's coming, so beware for any reaction. Just come down when you're ready, okay?" She nodded and shooed me back out into the hall, and I went back downstairs to the living room.

  "Harry." Louis breathed as I entered the room again. Gemma was sitting next to him on the sofa, and she stood up as I entered. 

  "I'm gonna go get refreshments while we wait." She weakly smiled at me as I sat next to him in Gemma's open spot.

  "Don't be so nervous." I chuckled, and he sighed, gripping onto my hands. Then he smiled, flushing. "Gemma told me what you said."

  I squinted my eyes at the general area of the kitchen, "She did?" I whispered. He nodded, "I'm sorry, I don't know what made me say it, it kinda.. popped out?" I whispered, looking down at our hands. 

  His hands left mine, and I sighed, then they wrapped around my face, pulling it back up, "You can call me your boyfriend any day.." He smiled and his lips met mine gently. My stomach flipped and my heart exploded with joy.