chapter fifteen

Another week flew by, and it was already Friday before I could blink. I've mastered avoiding Chloe, I see her before she sees me, then I'm gone, except for one time.. 

  I had another off, and I really wanted to go to the music room again, but that would be where she would be expecting me to go. Bad idea. Instead, I wandered the hallways, something we weren't really supposed to do, but I wasn't going to go sit in a freezing car. 

  I stared at my boots as I walked the halls, it was so quiet and big. I've never noticed with the crowd of students rushing about all of the time.

  I heard her heels before I saw her, she was humming, and I stopped dead. My plan was to duck inside of a classroom, empty or not. I'd take the punishment happily. 

  I turned on my heel and tried to take my business elsewhere, and quickly. Obviously I wasn't quick enough, "Harry!" Her high and preppy voice flowed through the hallway, I stopped. 

  Sighing, I slowly turned around, she was rushing towards me as fast as her Jimmy Choo's would take her, "Harry, I thought you had an off today!" 

  I bet she has a copy of my class schedule taped up in her room. I shivered, "You guessed right." 

  She giggled and trotted along beside me as I started to walk again, "I went by the music room, you wern't there so I started to wander." 

  "You were looking for me?"

  "Yeah, is that weird?"

  "Yes, it kinda is.." I was pretty straight forward with her all the time, she was really just annoying.. she was interested in me and I could tell, but I didn't know how to tell her my heart was for someone else.

  She shrugged, "Sorry." 

  "I never see you hanging with anyone around here.." I said, staring straight ahead at the hallway. I saw her head move away from my direction. I turned mine towards her. 

  "I don't have any friends." She said, so casually. I raised my eyebrows.

  "Sure you do. You can easily make them. I mean, you just walked up to me, well, more like crawled and caressed.." 

  She flushed, looking down, "Yeah, sorry about that. I was a little flirty.." 

  "A little?" 

  She rolled her eyes, and didn't say anything.

  The bell rang throughout the hallways, and she jumped, "I have to go. Bye!" She was gone in seconds. 

  I shrugged, and made my way towards the back exit. Just would walk around towards my car. I whistled as I walked around the corner towards the parking lot. Unsure of what tune I was making, I settled for a simple lullaby. 

  I slowed down until I spotted my car, and Louis jumping around in circles next to it. I laughed aloud at his cuteness, and was still laughing as I reached the car.

  "There you are! It's so cold!" He shivered as I unlocked the car and we both climbed in.

  "What's funny?" He questioned, rubbing his hands on his arms, I shrugged, "You."

  "Funny looking?!" He teased, I rolled my eyes, "Of course not, Lou." I winked, and he flushed, looking away. 

  He is so cute!

  I shook my head at my own crazy thoughts, and started the car, it vroomed happily.

  Louis sighed as the heat kicked in, warming his frigid bones.