chapter twenty five

The exams were over, and the school seemed happier, brighter even. Christmas break was coming closer and closer, and with just one week until it, Louis seemed to get more jittery. 

  I eventually asked him what was wrong, and he just shrugged, and smiled, saying nothing. I knew it was something about his birthday, maybe he just didn't want me to get him anything. I almost laughed out loud, obviously I was getting him something.

  "Louis, I'm getting you something for your birthday." I had said, but he just stuck his tongue out at me, then, "But Christmas is literally right beside it, just wait until Christmas, and it can count for both."

  I shook my head, "No way, not happening. Your birthday gift is gonna be a little more special." 

  He just sighed and tried to suck up, to make me change my mind. His idea to do this was plant kisses along my body, but that really just wanted me to give him something even more. But why tell him that? 

  The last day of school before break just dragged on and on. It felt like a whole week before it was just lunch time. Louis and I just hung around the school, but we eventually ended up in the music room. 

  "You can't get me something for my birthday, AND Christmas, Harry." He whined, crossing his arms. I just smiled and shook my head, "Oh yes I can, and I will."

  "But it's so unfair to me." 

  "Why?"

  He shrugged, and I scooted closer to him, "Why, babe?" I whispered, and I felt him shiver. 

  "Don't play the 'babe' card with me, Harry." He whispered back, "I will until you tell me, love." He shivered again, and I smiled.

  "It's just.."

  I nodded, urging him to continue. He paused for quite a bit, and I waited, not really as patiently as I intended. 

  "I can't afford a nice gift, not like you can, and I don't know.. I guess I don't wanna get something too expensive. I'll feel bad." He shrugged, and looked down. I reached over and put my hands on his shoulders, "Louis, it doesn't matter what you get me, I'll love it, as much as I love you."

  He smiled, but didn't look up, "I mean it." I whispered, and this time his eyes met mine, he nodded, smiling.

  The door knob rattled, and Louis and I scooted a safe distance away from each other. A figure came in the room, then shut the door very quickly behind him. 

  I stood up quickly, "How the fuck did you get in here." I spat, Kyle turned around and smirked at me.

  He shrugged, "Snuck in. The school security sucks ass here." He shook his head, I walked closer to him, looking back at Louis, making sure he stayed away.

  "Get out of here." I hissed, he smiled and closed the distance between us. I didn't back him, the further he was from Louis, the better.

  "What were you guys doing in here, huh? Singing, Harry?" He whispered. 

  "None of your business." I snapped, he chuckled easily, "Harry. I know you still love me."

  "You're wrong, jackass. If you haven't noticed, I kinda hate you." I rolled my eyes, and clentched my fists together. He smiled wider, "I don't see it, Harry. To be honest, the lust in your eyes towards me almost overtakes that whole.. cherade you tried to put out."

  "Shut up." I hissed, he strolled closer to me. 

  I heard Louis stand up behind me, and gulped, I wanted to scream out to him, don't do anything, Louis.