Chapter 23

Tylers pov

I was hopeless, extremely hopeless when I saw the car with Becca ride away from me.

"Julia. Help me, help me please." I immediately yelled after I dialed her number.

"Wait? What? What's going on? Are you mad that I dropped Becca off at your place?" Julia didn't quit seem to understand the problem, yet.

"No, damn it. They took her. They took Becca." I cried out "I need you to help me. Now. I'm at her apartment"

"Oh my god, what? I'm coming." She immediately hung up and it only took her five minutes to come to me. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me till I finally had the courage to tell her the story.

"So then they just drove away with Becca?" Julia asked, devastated, after I told her the whole story.

"Yeah." I sniffed "You need to help her-- me."

"Romeo. Romeo always has a plan for these kind of situations." She smiled "Come on. Let's go."

And so we did. We went to Romeo's and he, of course, had one simple, but amazing plan.

Becca's pov

I swallowed and a nauseous feeling overwhelmed me, immediately, when I woke up. Today was the day. It was right after Christmas and I, I was gonna marry Ethan today. A normal who's going to get married would be nervous, but also excited. I was also nervous, but not at all excited.

"Your big day. You're gonna look so pretty." My little sister, Rachel, told me "Although, I'm gonna miss you. Just like I did when you were on Rumspringa."

"Oh honey, I'm gonna miss you too." I hugged her thightly, but I didn't have much time to pay more attention to her, because I had to get my dress on. It was a simple, long sleeved white dressed. It didn't love it nor feel comfortable in it. My mom had braided my hair and put a veil over it. I looked horrible, but Ethan seemed to love it, because when I walked towards the aisle he had a big grin on his face. But I couldn't smile, luckily my veil covered it. I was walking with my dad by my side, seeing faces of the people that came to the ceremony, though they couldn't see mine. My eyes rested on Leah's face. She looked sad, the community didn't find her a husband yet and I think she still had her hopes set on Ethan, well I wish she could have him. Nobody, except Ethan and the leaders, knew I was forced to be here and I didn't have the friends to tell it to.

I was just about to sit down next to him when there went some hubbub around the crowd. I saw Ethan looking backwards and immediately his face turned pale. My hearbeat went faster and faster as I remembered the shooting at my primary school.

"What's going on?" I whispered in his ear.

"Tyler." His teeth gritted.

"Tyler?" I stood up and checked the crowd. Her dark hair and casual clothes immediately made her stood out from the rest of the people "Tyler!"

"Becca, Becca." she runned towards me. The crowd of people was to surprised to react or stop her. Her suddenly took the veil of my face and her lips touched mine. The whole crowd gasped, but I, I couldn't her a thing as I could only feel Tyler's soft lips.

"What is going on here?" It was my dads deep voice that interrupted us.

"Dad, t-this... this is my g-girlfriend Tyler. I love her."

"No you don't." He narrowed his eyes "you're marrying Ethan. Now."

"But---"

"No buts. Marry him. If this is what you wanted then you souldn't have returned from your Rumspring. This is ridicolous."

"She---she wanted to stay." Ethan voice suddenly sounded soft "We took her. We took her with us so she could marry me, but I... well if Rebecca chooses to be with Tyler, well then she should. i don't wanna marry someone like that. I'd rather marry someone else, then."

"Like Leah." I muttered under my breath, making Tyler laugh.

"Sins are not allowed her." The vicar suddenly said "Neither are people who choose to live a life in sins, so Rebecca please leave, as soon as you can so I can marry two righteous people instead of you. Ethan and Leah... I hope you learn from Rebecca's mistakes and live a life the Lord wants." And that's how the vicar just gave me the chance to live the life I have always wanted and giving Ethan the live he has always wanted by giving Leah to him.

I didn't had the chance to say goodbye to my family as they had all turned their heads away from me, but I couldn't care less. I was with Tyler, now, and that's all that matters.

"How did this happen?" I asked her, out of breath, as we run towards the exit.

"That happened." She nodded towards Romeo and Julia, who were sitting near their car. "Romeo had a plan that worked out perfectly. Kinda."

"Oh my god." Romeo's mouth fell open when he finally saw us "I know you can't say this to a woman, but you look horrible in that weddingdress, Rebecca."

"It's okay." I laughed "This dress exists since my great-grandmother got married."

"Can we just leave this place?" Tyler nodded towards the car. We agreed with her and soon we were driving away from the place I grew up. I swallowed hard as I realized what I was gonna leave behind, but I knew I had a great future ahead of me, together with Tyler.

"How did you guys get me out of here, by the way?"

"My genius brain did." Romeo answered with a smirk whilst holding the stirring wheel thight.

"I would roll my eyes at this, normally,  buft he is right." Julia stated "We knew you would get married right after Christmas and we thought that the whole community would show up the wedding so our plan was to just drive up here and just go to you, but there was a guard, who we saw when we arrived. Romeo and I went towards him and told him we wanted to interview him for a school project. While we talked to him, Tyler went and well, we all know what happened next. We're so glad you're back, Becca."

"Me too." I smiled.

The rest of our ride back to Los Angeles was pretty fun. We went by a store so I could change clothes and had some taco bell. It was late in the evening when we had arrived back st Tyler's dorm. I couldn't go back to my apartment as it was a property of the community. We were laying on her bed, side by side, her face facing mine.

"Romeo's original plan was for me to walk in and just marry you to convince the people there." She laughed.

"Would you have done that?"

Her face turned serious "If that's what it took to take you with me then, yes. But I'm glad it wasn't the case."

"Someday, someday I will be your bride." I smiled.

"Someday" she agreed "as long as you wear a nicer wedding dress."