Chapter 10

Becca's pov

Tyler was fully focused on her exams in the weeks right after our intense conversation. I never thought she'd be the one who was so motivated about school, but she surprised me. She had only 1 and a half year left before getting her teachers degree in Geography and she was right on course, as she told me. We didn't see each other much these weeks since she kept studying and studying, while I was busy exploring stuff with my Amish friends.  We barely spoke other than asking how our day went, that was until the Friday night after Tyler had finished all of her exams.

"Becca, Becca" She came running into the apartment, out of breath "Keep tomorrow free."

"Excuse me?"I frowned.

"I'm gonna take you out on a date tomorrow." Tyler smiled, triumphantly

"Nope, I'm having plans with Luke tomorrow." He and I had grown pretty close over the past few weeks, which was great. He actually was a nice guy and it sucked that we had barely noticed each other at the community. Fuck that separation between boys and girls.... wait did I just swear? Oh well, Tylers influence.

"Just cancel it."

"But..."

"No buts." She interrupted me "Just call or something. Heck, I will freakin' call him and tell him how fucking important this is for us."

"No" I shouted as my eyes grew big. There's no way she's calling Luke. He can't know about us nor can Ethan or Leah or David.

"Oh right. Well just make sure you cancel it. I've got it all planned out. Be prepared." She smirked as she walked towards the kitchen.

"And none of this effort has anything to do with any attempts of getting into bed with me?" I joked.

"Nope... But if you want too, I'm in. I mean I like the space now that we have separated beds but I wouldn't mind you invading my space."

I rolled my eyes. Does that girl know how to say something without flirting?

***

"Good morning sunshine." A surprising voice woke me up in the morning

"Wait you're up before me." I glanced at my alarm clock "And it's only 8 am."

"Yeah. We've got a full day and I wanted to bring you breakfast in bed." Tyler settled herself next to me on my bed as she placed a tray with breakfast in between us. The orange juice, scrambled eggs and pancakes were all self made.

"Woah, Tyler this is delicious." I moaned as I took a bite from my pancake.

"Wait until you taste me."

I rolled my eyes as I wanted to slap the smirk off of Tyler's face "One more comment like that and you'll have to date yourself today."

"Well I'm, luckily, not the worst company." She stated before taking a sip from her juice.

"Oh damn" I rubbed my fore-head "Why did I ever agree to this."

"Because you like me." Tyler smirked.

"I wish I didn't." I sighed.

"Now hurry up and finish your breakfast. You need to get ready."

"Life is so not relaxed with you around." I shoved the last piece of pancake in my mouth before starting with the scrambled egg.

"Get used to it." She swallowed the last bit of her eggs "Make sure you're good to go in 20 minutes. I'm so freakin'excited."

"At least one of us is." I mumbled under my breath.

"What?" Tyler turned around.

"Oh nothing."

My answer didn't seem to statisfy her but she left. I soon finished my breakfast and brushed my teeth, before taking a quick shower. After I got dressed we left the apartment. Tyler opened her car and soon we were on the road whilst listening to mumford & sons. Tyler sang along loudly, which, again, showed me a different side of her. That girl can sing.

"You've got a really nice voice." I complimented her.

"Nah, it just seems like it because the music is so damn great."

"You should learn how to take compliments." I told her "Where are we heading?"

"Santa monica pier. We're almost there." Tyler smiled as we soon pulled into a parking lot.

"This is amazing." My mouth fell open as I saw the big pier in front of me, along with the sea.

"Wait until you are even closer." Tyler grabbed my hand in excitement as we walked towards the pier. We got to the entrance of something that's called 'Pacific park', Where Tyler bought us some tickets.

"It's sucks that the ferrish wheel isn't here anymore. It was so huge and you could around the city and the sea. I used to be in there a lot when I was younger, with Julia." She sighed.

"What happened?" I asked, curiously.

"They freakin' sold it on fucking eBay."

"You seem passionate about it. Let's just go to the roller coaster." I said as I got all excited.

"You know what a roller coaster is?" Tyler raised her eyebrows

"Yeah I went to Disney with the boys and Leah last week." I told her as we stepped in the short row, where we only had to wait two rides before we could get in.

"This is gonna be awesome. I love roller coasters so damn much." Tyler grinned as I took place next to her. I found her statement soon to be true as the roller coaster ride started. While I was constantly screaming she just had a big smile on her face all through the ride.

"You really liked that, didn't you?" I asked as we got out.

"Yeah, yeah I sure did. Let's do it again." After five more rides for us and five more heart attacks for me, we finally moved on the aquarium, which I loved.

"You took me to such a beautiful place, Ty." I said as I watched the fish swim around "Are we gonna hang here all day?"

"Nope"She checked her watch "In fact we're going to leave now."

"Now?" I looked at the beautiful, different colored, fish one last time.

"Yeah I'll run to the car to grab some stuff. Why don't you wait at the beach?"

"Okay." I nodded before Tyler walked away.

As soon as entered the beach I walked towards the sea and put my feet in it. It was great feeling the waves move around me. I stood there for quite some time before Tyler arrived with a basket on one arm and a blanket on the other.

"We're picnicking?" I asked her excited. A picnick reminded me of home and deep down, very deep down, I did miss home a bit.

"It's lunch time anyway." She replied "You like it?"

"A lot" I stepped out of the sea "I never knew you were so romantic."

"Hm. I definitely want to show that part of me more to you." Tyler put down the blanket and we settled ourselves on it.

"I would love too, Tyler, I really do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saving the rest of the date for next chapter :') Because Tyler has a lot more stuff planned, yas! I really had to look into LA before I was able to write about a date but I hope it went and will go well. 

You guys like this part of Tyler?

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment your thoughts, that would mean a lot to me(: