Chapter 15

Becca's pov

"No that pin is supposed to go on the other side." Tyler yelled just as I was about to slap on it with a hammer.

"You serious?" I rolled my eyes "They all look the same, why does is it even matter?"

"Because. You just don't understand how this tent works."

"Right." I sighed. It had been this way ever since we unloaded the tent from the trunk. Tyler knew everything better.

"Why don't you just cook dinner? Gotta say, I'm quite hungry."

"Yea. Okay. I know my place." I got the cooker out of its bag together with the pasta and sauce we were gonna eat.

"You know how this cooker works, right?" Tyler lookes up from hammering.

"Of course, I do. I'm no imbecile, in contradiction to what you think. We work with this stuff at the community all the time." I told her, being a bit annoyed by her.

"Oh. Sorry." She seemed taken back by my answer.

I sighed loudly before putting some water in the pan to let the pasta cook.

"Done" Tyler suddenly yelled "Gonna put some sleeping bags and stuff in it. I actually love how small this tent is. It will be cosy."

"Yea. I'm so in the mood for that." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come one, Rebecca. I'm sorry for yelling at you but I just wanted to be done very fast so that we could just enjoy each others company instead of being so busy." She explained as I put the sauce into a pan.

"It's okay." I stood up to give her a quick peck on the lips.

"So swimming, huh, is that still going to happen after you cooked dinner?"

"Tyler..."

"Okay, so swimming." She smirked.

"Maybe. Grab some plates. It's almost done." I told her. Tyler got some stuff out of the car and soon we able to eat.

"You cooked surprisingly well. When I cook off that thing something always burns." Tyler complimented me.

"It's a good thing you did the tent and I did the cooking then." I took a bite from my pasta "It's way to cold too go swimming tho. It's already getting dark, we can't see anything."

"Ooh, so you wanna see stuff. I could show you right away." She smirked, once again.

"Tyler!" I yelled as my cheeks turned a dark shade of red "That's not what I meant and you know that."

"I just like teasing you, babe." She put her empty plate away "But we could roast some marshmallows as well and watch the stars."

"I love watching the stars." I smiled "Right after my grandma died my mom told me that the first star that would come up in the sky every evening was our grandma to watch over us."

"So that right there is your grandma?" Tyler pointed at the only start that was to be seen right now.

"Yeah."

"What a beautiful thought."

"It is." I smiled at the thought of my grandma. Her and I had always shared a special bond. She didn't seem to fit into the community, just like me. When I was eleven she died and it broke my heart.

" Let's look for some wood to start a fire with." Tyler interrupted my thoughts as she stood up from the alternative wooden bench we had found when we arrived and took a torch with her as I followed her into the forest.