Chapter 18

Becca's pov

It was a chilly Tesday afternoon, in the middle of December and Tyler was following some colleges. Leah and David were going to leave in two days since it had been a few weeks since Ethan showed up and told me that Luke left. I knew that this was going to happen, but I had never realized that it had such a big impact on the community. They were keeping an eye on us, now, and one of the leaders also had an apartment in Los Angeles right now so that he could make sure that we were not going to leave. He had stopped by nine times in the last three weeks. It was keeping Tyler a secret, by now, especially since she still lived with me. Although she could move into her own dorm just a few days from now, it still meant we had to keep our relationship a secret for the next four month.

I was just walking back into our apartment building after doing groceries as I remembered to check the mail. I got the key out of the pocket of my jeans and opened the locker. My eyes immediately fell on the giant yellow envelope that laying in there. I took it with me as I carried the groceries upstairs,  to my apartment. I quickly got rid of them and settled myself on the couch with a cup of tea.

"Hi, I'm home." Tyler yelled just before I could open the envelope.

"Oh hey, you're early." I looked up.

"Yeah, the last college was canceled." She walked to the kitchen to make herself some coffee "What's that?" She pointed at the envelope.

"I don't know. It got into the mail today. I was just about to open it when you came in."

"Oh okay. Well can you wait with opening it? I just wanna take you out on a date since I'm moving back to my dorm in a few days. I wanna thank you for letting me stay here and just have some you & me time." She sipped from the coffee.

"Sure. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. Go get your jacket, we're leaving when I'm done with this coffee." Tyler smiled.

"Okay." I pecked her lips and soon we were in her car.

It only took us five minutes until we arrived at some huge park.

"A trampoline park?" I looked at Tyler.

"Yea. I thought it would be fun to just jump your worries away. We have an hour to do that and I will, of course, take you out to dinner afterwards."

"You're the best, Ty." I kissed her passionately, before we stepped out of the car. 

Tyler showed the woman at the desk our tickets and soon we were bouncing. 

"This crazy, I'm going so high." I yelled, but Tyler didn't hear me because she had already jumped to the other side. I tried to jump towards her, but she was so fast that, before I could jump five times, she was already back. She took one big jump towards me and accidently tackled me down in the process of that. I was completely surprised and didn't know what had happened for a moment, until I heard Tylers giggles coming from above me.

"I can barely breath." She laughed.

"A-and I c-can b-barely breath, b-because you're laying a-above me." It was hard to speak with all of her weight on me.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry." Tyler laughed as she got her weight off of me, but instead of totally moving away from she places her elbows at both sides of my arm, her face facing mine.

"I love you, Becca, more than I can tell or show you." She placed her red, soft lips on mine. I immediately opened my mouth she that she could slip her tongue in. She easily won the dominance fight and soon our tongues were twirling together.

"Um, There are children here." I woman, around her thirties, tapped Tyler on her shoulder.

"What?"

"Children." The woman repeated

"Oh yeah. We're so sorry." Tyler apologized, while my cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

"Come on." Tyler jumped high and made an somersault in the air.

We had fun at the trampoline park for another half hour before we decided to go the dinner.

"You love Mexican food, right?" Tyler stopped the car in front of the place we ate our first date "I got a reservation for the same table."

"I freakin' love this place. You're the best."

"I know."

"Right." I rolled my eyes at her ego.

We soon walked into the restaurant and indeed got the same table we had eaten at before. The waitress placed a candle on the table and took our orders. I didn't take long for her to bring our drinks and starters.

"Mhm. So delicious." I took a bite from my nacho.

"I know right. I'm already looking forward to dessert."

"And the main course." I added.

"Yea. And just being here with you as well." Tyler suddenly became serious "We're really having a good time together, don't we?"

"We do." I agreed "I love how open and honest we can be with each other, even though things are getting harder now. I'll fight for you and you'll fight for me, right? Plus, I, we, have come pretty far in the past seven months. I never expected this to happen during my Rumspringa."

"I never thought I would be the one to settle down out 21, but look at me now. I don't know how you did it, but I fell hard, Becca, really hard."

"Here's your main course." The waitress interrupted out conversation by putting a grilled tendersteak, for Tyler, and a tortilla's with ribs, for me, in front of us "Enjoy."

"You do think about staying after your Rumspringa is over, right?"

"I don't think about it." 

"You don't?" Tyler seemed taken back by my answer.

"Nope. I don't think about it because I'm already sure that I'm staying here. With you." I told her.

"Seriously?"

"I'm death serious, Ty. I know it's huge commitment, but I really want to." I looked her in the eye.

"A huge commitment, huh? Enough commitment for you to have sex with me?" Tyler smirked.

"Tyler..."

"Right... sorry. But how are we gonna fix? I mean they are keeping an eye on you and Ethan now. You can't just escape, right?"

"I need to do the same thing as Luke; run away a few weeks before Rumspringa ends. But I have to do it really carefully so nobody will notice." I told as I took the last bite of my food.

"I'll help you." Tyler shoved her plate aside.

It didn't take long for them to bring us dessert, which was a chocolate brownie for both of us.

"Thank you for taking me out today, Ty." I grabbed her hand "You really mean a lot to me."

"Anytime, honey, anytime."

It was around 10.30 pm when we arrived back home. I made me and Tyler a cup of coffee, before my eyes fell on the big envelope.

"I'm still wondering what's in there."

"Hm. Me too." Tyler took the cup I gave to her.

As soon as my coffee was done as well, I settled myself down on the couch and finally opened the envelope. There were a few pictures and a little note in it. At first I didn't really understand what it was, but my mouth fell open as soon as it did. This couldn't be true, right? It had to be lie? Really? Tyler?

-------------------------------------------------------

What do you think is in the envelope?