Chapter 16

Tyler's pov

"So..." I hugged Becca closer to me "I guess it's my time to tell the story now, right?" 

"Yeah"

I didn't like this. I did not like this at all. I didn't like to be vulnerable and to tell people personal stuff about me. But this was Becca after all. My girlfriend. I had to tell her, didn't I? I sighed deep before I started telling her the story, which I had told myself, was the truth. I could leave out a tiny detail, right?

I think I might have lied to you and a whole lot of other people. I think Julia is the only one of the people that are still around me today, who knew that I had a sister. Avery was her name and she was perfect. I always told myself that I was my parents little angel, but I wasn't, she was. She was three years older than me and everything went well for her. She always got straight A's, had a boyfriend who went to our church and then there was me. Shy and in the closet Tyler. I was about 13 years old when I discovered my my sexuality and knew I wasn't going to add up to the expectations my parents had of me, unless my sister. She did and had everything they wished. I hated her for that. I wished her death. Until one day, the summer before my senior year, she got home from college and went out for a drive. She never returned. Her car hit a tree. Stuff got pretty dark for me. I felt guilty that she had died so I found my relief in cutting my own ribs, the perfect hiding place. That's how I got the scars. My mom and dad where so, so sad about Avery's death that they didn't know how to deal with me anymore. They mostly avoided me. That was until I decided to came out of the closet, just a few months after Avery died. They got mad, blamed me for Avery's death, sad that I could never live the life they had planned for me and threw me out, which added a lot more scars.

I told this short version of the story to Becca, emotionless. I had never been a good story teller, so I didn't make it longer than it had to be. I might use that as an excuse when the real truth would ever come out.

"That's a sad story, Ty." Becca kissed my fore-head "but I'm glad you were so open with me and told me truth this time."

"Yea, of course."

"You know I'm just glad that we could share our stories with each other. We're in a relationship now, I guess that's we're supposed to do."

"Mhm." I yawned.

"You tired, huh? Me too. We have a pretty busy day planned tomorrow, right? I guess we should go to sleep."

"Goodnight." I softly kissed her on the lips before she turned around and fell asleep.

***

It was still early when I woke up and smelled fresh baked eggs. I quickly opened our tent and saw Becca sitting in front of it.

"Morning." I said with a groggy morning voice, which made her laugh.

"Goodmorning, to you too." Becca kissed the top of my head "Want some eggs?"

"Oh god, yes." I yelled.

"Good. So any plans for today?" She gave me a plate.

"Swimming."

"Oh Tyler, not again. It's too early." Becca rolled her eyes.

"But I'm serious." I pouted.

"Eat your breakfast, Ty. Maybe you'll feel more down to earth afterwards."

I rolled my eyes but this as the beautiful girl in front of me told me. "We could go sailing. They lean boats out at a place not that far away." I suggested.

"Never done that, but it sounds great." Becca puts her plate by the dishes.

"Oh god. How many more things are there that you've never done before?"