Chapter 19

Tyler's pov

I knew something must be wrong as soon as Becca opened the envelope. Something was very wrong. Her mouth fell open and her hands started to shake.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"You're asking me what's wrong?" her voice sounded calm, too calm "you better tell me what is wrong."

She shoved the pictures and note towards me. As soon as my eyes fell on the content I understood why she was so upset. This was my fault. I knew my lies would catch up to me, but this soon? And in this way?

"Well, I can explain..."

"Yea. You better explain this, Tyler, because this isn't true, right?"

"It kinda is but--"

"No buts" Becca yelled this time "I just wanna hear the truth this time. I want to know if I can still trust you."

"Of course you can" I told her.

"We will see. Just explain this. Now."

I sighed as I looked at the note.

Dear Becca,
You're sweetheart isn't as sweet and honest as she seems. Kicked out by her parents because she's gay? Nope, kicked out because she killed her sister.

The pictures only confirmed what the note said. One of them was me driving a car, with my sister in it, into a tree. The other one weer just pictures of me & her and me being separated from my family at her funeral.

"I can explain. Really."

"You already said that and I've been waiting, but maybe you need to make up another story to get away with it?" Becca said, emotionless.

"Y-yeah. I might have twisted the story a bit when we were camping, but--"

"A bit twisted?!" Becca interrupted me "It's like a total different story. Plus, you've been telling me parts of that story that weren't true ever since I met you. Did you even live with Julia for a while?"

I sighed "No. I was in some institution, for a few months. Graduated from there."

"So... You have really been lying to me all this time?" Becca was yelling.

"Not about everything. Just some stuff from my past. Most of it was true, just some details."

"Details? You killed your own sister, Tyler. How do you call that a detail?"

"I didn't kill my sister!" It was my turn to yell now "You really believe that because some asshole send a note and some pictures?"

"Well am I supposed to believe you, then?" She laughed "Apparently you've been doing a lot of lying. What else am I supposed to believe? You probably weren't in an institute because of nothing, were you?"

"No, but--"

"Well, see you're a liar." We were both standing at this point, just yelling at each other.

"Oh my god, Rebecca, you're not even listening to me." I rolled my eyes. If she would just listen to me for a moment. I could explain this. I know I lied and she had a right to be mad, but I had my reasons. It wasn't that big of a deal.

"I want you to leave." Becca whispered.

"Leave?" I blinked.

"Yeah." She nodded "I want you to get your stuff. Your dorm is almost done. I'm sure you can crash at Romeo's and Julia's for just a few days."

"But... you mean leave as in...?" I frowned.

"I mean leave as I never want to see you again, Tyler." Her face got hard.

"Oh my god. Becca, you are such a drama queen. It's really not that big of a deal, you didn't even let me explain."

"Explain?" She laughed sarcastically "I've heard enough. I trusted you, I gave up a lot for you and all I get in return is some lies? I don't care if you did or did not kill your sister, you lied to my face about the most important thing of your past. I knew from the start that you were trouble, but I didn't go with my own instinct because you proved me wrong, but now, now your proved me how right I was all along. I want to leave, now!"

I balded my fists "Apparently I was very, very wrong about you too. I thought were a person without any judgments. Yes, I made some mistakes in my past and yes, I lied to you, but I am really sorry. I hate you for being so dramatic."

"Hate?" I knew had used the wrong words as I saw tears in her eyes. 

"Becca..."

"It's time for you to go now, Tyler, just go." She sat down at the couch and watched me walk to the bedroom, where I grabbed a bag to throw all my stuff in. With basketball in my left hand, my guitar of my shoulder and my bag over the other shoulder I left the apartment without saying another word to Becca. Just as I closed her door, I saw someone sanding next to it, with a big grin on his face.

"Ethan."

"Tyler."

"This is your fault isn't it?" I chewed on my cheek.

"Just protecting my girl from people like you." He was still smirking.

"You don't even love her." I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh Tyler, but that's not how it works in our community. A woman, Rebecca in my case, is a man's property. She's there to give me sons and daughters and to take care of me. That's gonna be Rebecca's place in my life. Not in yours."

I was glad that I had still one free hand, so I balded my right fist and slapped the smirked off his face before going downstairs with the elevator, leaving a bleeding Ethan behind.

I soon got to my care and got the keys from my back pocket. I threw my stuff in the trunk and drove away, as far as I could. I didn't how long it took me, maybe minutes, maybe hours, but I finally arrived at a parking spot near the beach. I stopped the engine put my head in my hands. How did this happen? How did I let it become to this? This wasn't fair. Not for me, not for Becca. I was set up, by Ethan and Becca didn't even notice it. She's gonna marry this man and oh... tears were streaming down my face. If had been honest from the start it wouldn't have come down to this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Do you think Becca has a right to be mad at Tyler? Or is she overreacting? What really happened with Tyler and her sister? Why did she lie?

Have a nice weekend, guys! Thank you for reading, voting and commenting. Means the world to me (: