Chapter 5

Becca's pov

"Becca? Becca?!" Loud banging on the door woke me up in the morning.

I groaned as felt an overwhelming headache.

"Becca?!?!"

"I'm coming." I yelled as I forced myself to step out of bed.

"Rebecca? You look horrible." Ethan told me as I opened the door

"Thank you, future husband." I joked.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "There's nothing to joke about here, Rebecca. We were supposed to spend the whole day together and I've waited and waited and waited and now it's already 1.30 pm. What the hell?"

"Oh... I'm so sorry Ethan. I don't remember exactly, but it must have been late last night."

"Of course, of course Rebecca. You spent time with Tyler so you forgot about me." He said as he walked into my living room.

"Come on Ethan, don't act that jealous. I just lost track of time. I'm sorry. Let's go out for lunch now."

"Becca look at me." I looked up to see his pained blue eyes "I'm glad that you've found a friend in Tyler but I don't want you to end up as her.I don't want her influence you that much. You can't choose to like girls okay? I don't want you to sin like that."

I sighed as I suddenly realized how narrow minded the both of us were raised.

"Shall we go? I went to a nice bistro with Luke yesterday, we can go there."

"Okay, but let me get ready first. I still have my clothes from yesterday on." I answered him.

"Yeah, you're smelly." He smirked after I friendly shoved him.

I quickly brushed my teeth and took a quick shower before dressing in some new clothes.

"You look beautiful, Rebecca." Ethan complimented me.

I smiled, but I felt uncomfortable. He saw me as the girl he was supposed to marry and I know I was supposed to feel that way too but it made me nauseous when I thought about it.

"I called a cab when you were in the bathroom. It's already here so let's go. The bistro is not that far away."

We soon got there and ordered a lunch.

Ethan kept blabbing about the people of the community he met yesterday and how excited he was for me to meet them, again. I of course knew them, but I haven't seen them since they left for their Rumspringa.

"Who's calling you?" Ethan interrupted his own story and we both looked at my phone, which buzzed and lighted up.

"Just Tyler" I told him and hit decline.

"Did you have fun yesterday?"

"Yeah but..." I frowned as I suddenly realized something.

"But what?"

"I'm sorry Ethan, but I really have to go." I snatch my phone from the table and almost walk the waiter under as I leave the restaurant. I hear Ethan faintly yelling at me, but I keep walking till I find a quiet place.

I type something in on my phone and soon I hear Tyler's voice. "Hey Becca, I was wondering---"

"I don't care what you were wondering." Interrupt her "I want to know what happened yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I can't remember coming home. It's like there's this huge gap in my mind. I remember us dancing and then waking up in my own bed."