Chapter 14

Becca's pov

"You look like you're worried about something." Tyler raised her eyebrows at me.

"I am, Ty, I am."

"Is it the Luke thing again?"

"Of course it is." I sighed "It just won't get off my mind. I'm happy for him and that he has found himself and knows what to do with his life but this could be so bad for me."

"You know what? Let's do something fun. Let's go camping this weekend, to get your mind of things." Tyler had a big grin on her face.

"Camping?" I frowned.

"Oh my god, you do know what camping is, don't you?" Tyler settled herself next to me on the couch.

"Yea. Kinda. No. Not really, but kinda." I sipped from my water.

Tyler rubbed her fore-head "Clear enough, Becca. Guess you need someone to show you what it is. I used to do it with my dad a lot when I was younger." She looked down at the ground and smiled "Good memories. I would really like to show how great it is."

"Camping this weekend it is then."

The three days that were left till Friday afternoon flew over and soon enough we had our stuff packed as we did some shopping Thursday night.

"So we've got the tent, sleeping bags, marshmallows, lighters to make a fire---" Tyler summed up the list, for the third time, as we made our way to her car.

"Yeah, yeah you've got everything. It's okay now, Ty. You make me feel like we're some old married couple."

"Really, Becca, really?" The voice that answered did not belong to Tyler. I turned around to see Ethan in front of me.

"Yes, Ethan, Tyler's such a control freak." I looked next to me and saw Tyler chew her lip as she watched Ethan carefully.

"Then why is she still busy doing things she isn't supposed to do?" I saw him move closer to Tyler and bore his eyes in to hers.

"Come on, Ethan. We're just hanging out. I can have friends other than you, you know?" I told him.

"Not friends like that." He spitted on the ground before walking away "Consequences will follow, Tyler and I can not guarantee you that Rebecca will still like you after that." He yelled after us.

"Psychopath." Tyler sat herself down in the driver seat.

"I just don't know what just happened." I said, still confused, as I took my seat next to her.

"I do know what just happened. That guy is a fucking control freak, who wants you on his side and destroy my life. Ugh." She slammed with her hand on the dashboard "Idiot."

"Calm down." I placed my hand on hers "He's a good guy and I don't know what's going on in his head, but I promise you that I won't believe anything bad he says about you."

"Maybe you should. I have done a lot of bad things in my past." She rolled down her window and lightened up a cigarette.

"You smoke?" 

"Occasionally."

"Don't." I ordered her "Look, Tyler we all have pasts, I guess. Yours was clearly bad and you've done stupid things and that's okay because you learnt from them and I know that because you're not a bad person anymore. Never have I thought of you as a bad person. I know as the Tyler who's sweet, caring, insecure and cares to much about some people. I like the person you are, right now, and nothing could change that."

"Thank you, Becca." She looked the other way to wipe away a tear.

"Now let's just enjoy this weekend." Tyler started up the engine and I put in a cd in the player.

' Cold is the water

It freezes your already cold mind

Already cold, cold mind

And death is at your doorstep

And it will steal your innocence

But it will not steal your substance'

Tyler softly sang along to her all time favorite band and once again I was amazed by her beautiful voice.

"I'm glad you brought your guitar along on this trip. I could listen to you sing for the rest of my life."

"I would if it meant I could keep you with me for the rest of my life."

"We should talk about our relationship status."

"We still got an hour to kill in this car so why the hell not. You can start."

"Well, I like you a lot. Like a whole freakin' lot. So much that you just made me swear, but I'm scared of what's coming next. If Luke really decides to leave, the community will do everything to keep the rest of us close, especially if they hear the reason." I told her "Your turn."

"I like you too. Hell, I even feel like I'm falling in love with you, Rebecca. But I'm also afraid. First of all because of your community and I have every reason to be if they are all like Ethan. Second reason is that I've never been in such a serious relationship and commitment isn't really my thing." Tyler took an exit "But I would do everything to have you by my side, even if it's just for one day."

"I guess I would do the same." I agreed.

"Then why the hell are we being so freakin' difficult." Tyler yelled out "Let's just put a label on this already. You're my girlfriend and I'm yours."

"Is it that simple."

"It is. For now, at least."

"Okay" I smiled "Why don't you pull over so I can kiss you."

"Because there's like three miles left till we arrive." She focused on the road signs. 

"And you called Ethan a control freak." We both laughed out loud.

"We're here" Tyler announced after we kept silence for a while.

"Woah" I got out of the car "This is the most beautiful place I've ever been. It even tops the view we had on our date." I told her as we stood on top of a hill, which looked out over a very blue lake.

"We could swim in there." Tyler stood next to me.

"Do we have bathing suits then?"

"Nope. Glad it's a warm autumn this year, you could easily swim without anything on. I wouldn't mind at all." She smirked.

"Pervert."

"Guess I'm your pervert, girlfriend."

"Guess, you are, girlfriend." I mumbled before my lips finally touched hers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of dialogue, lots of cheesy stuff but I don't care because I loved writing this and I love that you read this and I would love it even more if you'd vote and comment, yas (: