Chapter Twenty One - The Rebel

Zacznij od początku

"I've been we-"

She cuts him off. "I don't actually care. I've been living with our uncle." Ana seethes in anger as Saige sits her wet boots onto the coffee table.

"Oh?" Is all Liam gets out. Harry laughs leaning against me.

"Why are you here with her? What a fucking coincidence." She points.

"Language." Liam whispers. I look over at Chantell, who has her head tilted in confusion. "It's a long, long story."

"Good because I don't want to hear it." She flutters her eyelashes like she's proud of herself for the reply. Ana places a hand on her heart. The audacity!

"By the sheer look of it, you aren't aware yet, are you?" Saige continues. Liam huffs.

"I'm not playing your games. What are you up to?"

"She's your sister. Look at her. How could you not have figured it out by now?" Chantell shakes her head rapidly at the statement.

"So you LIED to me?" Ana screams. Saige raises her eyebrows. "This is so juicy."

"No, no! I wouldn't!" She looks ready to cry, Ana giving her a cold look.

"She's the fifth baby, Liam." Saige adds fuel to the growing fire. It's not just a small fire. It's more like an eternal pit of fire.

"Shut your mouth!" Ana yells trying to comfort Chantell. Niall looks over at Saige.

"She just told you," He quietly says. Yes, quietly. That doesn't stop Saige from smacking him on the head.

"Oi, don't touch him!" Ana storms over to the sofa almost like an angry mother, ripping Saige up from the couch. She widens her eyes jolting away from her.

"Do NOT touch me! You...you old hag!" Saige yells. Ana yanks her hand back like she was touching a fire, her face contorting in rage. Oh boy.

"Uh, sorry to interrupt your tantrum, but you might not want to do that..." I awkwardly cough out. Saige ignores my comment altogether and Niall makes eye contact with me. He winks.

"I'm probably going to get, like, DISEASES from you!"  She continues. Ana's eye twitches. Before she has the chance to reply to the teen, Chantell pops up behind her out of nowhere and clocks Saige in the lip. She lets out a yelp of pain stumbling over and hitting the ground with a thump. My mouth forms an 'o' and I almost laugh. Liam rushes over to her side. Chantell turns around, getting into a heated conversation with Ana. Watching as Niall leans onto the empty sofa, he crosses his arms and stares up at the ceiling.

I sigh to myself loudly. Zayn and Harry are in the corner trying to decide what candy they want to trade. What even? I pull my phone out of my pocket and scroll through Instagram until I hear a dull thump. Looking up I see Niall has rolled off of the couch and now is very, very stealthily moving from the room. Well, I'm not having that so I'm going to follow him. Sliding my phone into my back pocket I follow him up the wooden staircase. He stumbles into one of the empty bedrooms, shoving the door almost closed behind him. I stand in the doorway feeling like a complete creep. He pulls out a crumbled piece of paper, sitting down with crossed legs on the floor to read it. I stare down at the paper trying to read it from my creepy place at the door. I finally realize I can't read it, and in my frustration I shove the door open.

"Give me that." I scoff holding my hand out for the note. He jolts holding it against his chest as if trying to hide it.

"But I found it." He huffs out turning to me and stumbling up to his feet note still tucked against his check.

"Niall, what? Just let me see it."

"No, I found it. It's mine." He states like a literal child. I furrow my eyebrows laughing at the statement and grabbing for the note. He hisses- yes, hisses- at me and stumbles backwards. In a feeble attempt to keep him from falling I grab his hoodie and yank him forward. He catches himself, his hand instantly finding its way to my wrist. He keeps the note as far from my reach as he can, trying to move away. I let go of his hoodie quickly and he shuffles backwards.

"Give me the note." I sneer shoving my hand into my pocket and moving towards him slowly as if he would disappear. He narrows his eyes and wow, this is the most reactive I've seen him all day.

"How about no." He tells me. Turning back to look at the door I'm surprised no one has followed us up here. When I turn back to Niall I jolt when I realize he's no longer standing in front of me, but bolting across the room to reach the bathroom. I let out a screech before running forward tackling him to the ground.

"Zayn! ZAYN!" He yells out, wiggling under me. I roll my eyes and grab his arm pulling it from under him and snatching the note up.

"Louis no! You shouldn't read that, anyway!I found it so It's mine BUT besides that you still shouldn't!" Niall rambles as I roll off of him. I un-crumble the note pushing him away as I read it.

Dear Ana,

I'm sorry to leave you like this. I couldn't handle the pain of my mother's death. She was the last family I had that actually cared about me- besides you. I'm really sorry that I'm leaving you to handle everything by yourself and I hope you sort all of this Louis stuff out. Please don't hate me because I'm not there to help you though that. I hope you have little Anas running around one day!! Remember that I love you very very much and I'll always be with you. Xoxo.

Love, Kate .

Looking up at Niall who is shaking his head rapidly my eyes widen. Kate killed herself? I run my thumb over the water stains on the paper. Niall grabs the paper from me and army crawls into the bathroom. I breathe out heavily standing up and storming down the stairs, shoving my way past Liam to stand in front of Ana.

"I know what happened." I clear my throat. She looks over at me with a puzzled expression. In the corner of my eye I see Zayn dismiss Harry from the conversation, cursing under his breath and leaving the room.

"What are you even talking about? It's rude to interrupt people, I was literally-"

"I know Kate killed herself." She snaps her mouth shut turning pale and glancing over at Chantell. Shaking her head at me she brings her hand up to her mouth, crying into it. I wrap my arms around her just trying to provide comfort. She shoves me away and flees from the room. Zayn walks in holding the note. WOW, I ALMOST HAVE TO FIGHT THE BOY AND HE HANDS IT RIGHT OVER TO ZAYN??? He lets Harry and Liam examine it. Liam is the one who shows it to a disoriented and nosey Saige.

Silence.

........"Well, more room for the rest of us."

"Saige Louise Payne!" Liam growls. Chantell shoves her over again, grabbing a handful of her hair and using her other hand to hit the girl. Saige must have anticipated this because she kicks Chantell off of her, clawing her arm in any way possible to get her to let go of her hair. Harry pulls his phone out.

"WORLD STAR!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP HARRY!" Zayn yells helping pull the girls apart. I stay frozen in my spot as Chantell manages to knock Saige out cold.

"You're not my sister, you spawn of Satan!" She spits out, wiping her forehead and smearing the blood across it. Zayn pulls her from the room just as Niall strides in. He takes one look down at Saige before turning and walking back out. Laying a hand on Liam's shoulder as he freaks out, I watch Harry follow Niall out.

"I didn't know. Saige knew but I didn't know." Liam says in hysterics. I nod awkwardly and look down at the sleeping teen. What is going on....... What have I done?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its like, 3:30am! I Love all of you and Thanks for Reading. 1000+ READS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! And as you can see, Saige is a new Character. Thanks to @Saigecl for letting me Put her in the Story. Hope you Liked it! Vote and Comment <3

Saige is a fully fictional character I made up for the purpose of this story. No, Liam does not have a sister named Saige who likes to fight and is loud. Stay awesome (-:

- Laura xx