Chapter Six - This can't be happening

~Ana's POV~

I sung the whole car ride to the apartments. What can I say? I'm excited. I'm going on a date with a really cute guy. With really cute hair. And a really cute accent. CALM DOWN ANA YOU JUST MET HIM. Sorry. I giggle as I park. I grab the drinks and skip into the apartment building. PRANK TIME. I instantly change my mood to act sad. I walk in to see Kate watching re-runs of shows on the TV. I hand her the frappé and sit down beside her, sniffling.

"Ana, hun, are you ok?" She asks slowly.

"Guess who I ran into at Starbucks again.." I made my voice crack at the end.

"Louis?"

"Yeah..and guess what.."

"Um...what??" She shifts anxiously, and I have to bite my lip to keep a grin back.

"ANOTHER REALLY CUTE GUY THERE ASKED ME ON A DATE TONIGHT!!" I squealed. I smiled widely at her and hugged her.

"OH MY GOSH ANA THAT'S AMAZING! CALL ME WHEN IT'S OVER!" Wait what? Call her? Can't I just come home and tel- Ohh.. right..she's moving..

"I'm gonna miss you Kate.." I sigh.

"Aww. I'll miss you too. And on that note, we need to get going." We grabbed her suitcases and made our way out my car. I put her suitcases in the trunk and got in the drivers seat. She messed with the radio while we drove to the airport. We arrived shortly. I slowly got out, popping the trunk. She grabbed her suitcases and we walked inside. It was 5 minutes until her flight left. We sat there discussing how we will keep in touch for the time being and how she will be home soon.

"FLIGHT 57 TO CALIFORNIA U.S.A NOW BOARDING." The lady called over a intercom. We hugged and I may have cried a little. I'm losing my best friend...not forever I hope.

"Come home soon Kate. I love you girlie!" I smile brightly.

"I will. Have fun on the date. Love ya too." She walked off towards the gates. I smiled before I completely broke down. I don't want her to go. Over the phone conversations won't do. No. Who will I tell all my feelings too? Who will I let it all out too? Kate. I wouldn't move. My head felt like it was spinning. The next thing I knew I was running at the gates.

"KATE NO. I NEED YOU! DON'T GO KATE, PLEASE I CAN'T DO THIS ALONE!" Several security guards were trying to contain me. I could see her walking farther off. She can't hear me. NO.

"KATE GOD NO PLEASE DON'T! LET ME GO!!" I squealed and twisted in the security guards grip. He rolled his eyes.

"KATE. Please.." I now couldn't see anything of her. She's gone. Gone. I went limp in the security guards arms. I need her. More than anyone. She was my best friend. My sister. I broke down completely and started sobbing in his arms. I was escorted out of the airport awkwardly. I trudged over to the car and slowly got in. I pulled my legs up to my chest and put my head between my legs. I sat there and cried for as long as I could.

When the tears went dry, I drove home. I parked and walked back in. I went in the bathroom and freshened up. It was only 5:38 So I have time. I went into our room and flipped through a scrap book of us. I admired all of the pictures of her and I. I smiled at the majority all of them- don't count the one where she scared me shitless with a prank.

Before I knew it, it was 7. I began to change, picking out a tan colored tank top, a beautiful peacock design on the front. The jeans had a faded look to the thighs. I ended up curling my hair loosely. I put some feather earrings on to match the top, a few bangles. I put on a ring Kate had gotten me for a black dress I had. I then slipped on my black heels littered with a few rhinestones. I admired myself in the mirror before I grabbed my black clutch and went to the living room to wait. It was now 7:57. Damn I'm good.