Chapter Twenty - Don't Ask Me

~Ana's POV~

(Edited! xx p.s I was such a weeaboo tbh.)

When I wake up, I swing my legs over the edge of the couch to walk as fast as I can into the guest room. Chantell laid sprawled on the bed brown hair fanned out around her. I let out a sigh of relief slowly shutting the door back. Walking down the stairs to avoid ever using the upstairs bathroom again I take a quick shower. Out of the bathroom I'm too busy to notice the shoes sprawled across the floor and fly to the ground. Ow.

I walk into the kitchen ignoring the fact I just tripped- although my red face shows obvious embarrassment. Ugh. Half way through cooking the at least kinda healthy breakfast Chantell walks down the stairs. Her wet hair is pulled into a slick ponytail.

"Good morning. How you feeling?" I slide over a plate to her. She accepts it and I fix my own plate, sitting it on the table.

"Fine. A bit sore." She replies while I finish cleaning up the kitchen. She watches me while eating until I join her in eating. Once we're both done we sit the plates in the sink. I grab my phone slipping it into the pocket of my NIKE leggings we bought at the expensive gym. I lean down slipping my shoes on and lacing them up.

"I was thinking we could work on some breathing exercises today." I say starting a conversation as we walk to the gym. She hums in response.

"That sounds chill. I kind of feel like running today." I nod pushing open the doors to the gym and waving at Rachel- the receptionist. I push through the small crowd of people until we're in the back of the room, picking out two treadmills for us.

"Now, remember that when running you shouldn't look back or down. It just slows you down and distracts you. Keep your eyes trained on what's in front of you. Learning how to turn is also an important thing." She nods stepping onto her treadmill. She sets it to a high setting and takes deep breaths while running. I chose to walk on the one beside her while keeping my eyes trained on her.

After 6 hours at the gym we leave. Wiping the sweat off of my forehead I jog down the street, Chantell beside me. Keeping up the pace I can spot the house from a few blocks away.

--------

We made it roughly 3 weeks.

"Ana, no!"

3 long and tiring weeks, that is.

"I don't think you understand, Chantell. Just get in the damn closet!"

How we let this happen? I don't know.

"Are you sure it's even them?"

We should have known it would happen.

"I saw them. With my own eyes. It was them."

How they're here, I'm not entirely sure.

"Oh god- Then you get in here too!"

I'm not letting this happen again.

"They know at least ONE of us are here! I can't let them do this to you again, get in there and be quiet." I hiss shoving her into the closet. She nods wiping at her eyes as I shut the closet door, leaving the guest room and also shutting the room door. I run down the stairs stealing a glance out the window, where 5 boys are standing around a black car. I turn around jogging down the basement steps to get the crowbar against the wall.

"Oh, Ana!" Louis sing songs. I roll my eyes stomping back up the basement steps.

"Get the hell out." I grunt. Zayn raises his eyebrows from his spot beside Liam.