A great start - 1

~Brooke's POV~

Beep! Beep! I smacked my alarm clock and groaned.

I could of just skipped school but I couldn't be bothered to sit through an hour long lecture about my education.

I sighed and pulled the sheets off me but instantly regretted it as the cold hit me.

Well, that's an excuse for not going to school. Ugh school, the first day ugh.

I pulled myself out of bed and looked inside my wardrobe.

I picked out some blue skinny jeans and a Navy blue, baggy jumper with two white lines around each shoulder.

I pulled them on and brush all the knots out of hair then pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

I had long, brown frizzy hair and dull, dark blue eyes. I was average height.

I sat down on my bed and pulled on a pair of plain, black trainers.
Then I got up and swung my Grey ,backpack against one shoulder.

"Bye m-" I shouted. "Wait never mind." I mumbled. Mum was all the way in LA on some fashion trip and Dads probably back at his movie set, directing a film that I have forgotten the name of.

I opened the front door and stepped outside, kind of regretting not putting on an extra layer. I was starting the first day of my new school, at the end of winter break (The middle of January.)Great.

Couldn't I have just joined in the summer?

Wow, I've had a lot of 'first days of school.'

~~~~~~~~~~

I pushed open the front door of the school office.

Monroe high school was printed in big letters on the wall

"Brooke Anderson, I was starting to wonder if you were actually going to show up." A middle age lady , with brunette hair raised an eyebrow at the sight of me.

"Well I guess it's your lucky day then." I headed towards a big desk where she was sat behind at the end of the room.

I looked around. There were four, blue chairs on one side of the room and a notice board on the other side.

I leant against the desk, trying to catch a glimpse of what she was writing.

"So" she said handing me a small stack of papers. "There is your schedule, map of the school and a form your parents will need to sign."

"Um.. Thanks." I said turning on my heal and instead of heading toward the door I walked towards the notice board.

"So... Is this updated every week" I spoke trying to buy some time and get out of lesson.

She wasn't falling for it. "Just get to lesson miss Anderson."

I huffed and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~

It took me at least 10 minutes to find my class. Room 118, English. I pushed open the door and immediately felt stares guided towards me.

"You're late, on your first day! " The teacher, an old, grey haired lady, glared at me.

"Yeh, I kind of noticed. " There was a few echoes of gasps and murmurs around the room.

"Didn't you get the letter for the timings." She stood up.

"Yeh I did. I just didn't read it. "
I heard someone laugh at the back of the room.

I slowly walked towards the front of the room where the teacher was standing.

"I'll speak to you after class but for now why don't you introduce yourself. "

She sat behind her desk ready to listen.

"I'm Brooke and that's all there is to say. " I crossed my arms facing the rest of the class.

A girl at the front snickered and started whispering to the girl next to her.

"Just take a seat." The tension in her voice was clear and she was definitely annoyed.

I scanned the classroom looking for an empty seat. There was one in the middle of the classroom where a brown haired boy sat chatting to someone in front of him.

I looked at the back of the classroom where a girl sat. she smiled at me.

I walked over and sat beside her.

~~~~~~~
A/N -

So Yeh this is my first chapter I hope you like it , sorry it is a little short. Oh and this hasn't been edited yet so there might be a few mistakes. Also if you are still reading this, thank you for reading this chapter.