62

Kendall's daily advice: mac n' cheese is heaven itself.

So, this chapter is... well.... you'll see.

Just be prepared though, it's intense.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!!

*****

Mitch sensed it right away.

Fear.

Someone is really really afraid.

Mitch looked at Kirstie. "Do you smell that, Kirst"? He asked.

If Kirstie smelled it then it was one of the Alphas outside, or maybe a Beta inside, or an Omega. But if she didn't smell it....

Kirstie looked at Mitch, confused. "What do you mean"?

This answered Mitch's question and he darted inside as fast as he could.

His Alpha. The leader. The strongest. Is afraid.

Scott doesn't get afraid easily, something very very bad is happening.

As Mitch got on the elevator, he prayed that it would be something stupid, a false alarm. He'd rather his senses fail him than Scott be in danger.

The elevator doors opened and all he could see was a guy, an Alpha, on the floor with Scott's hand around his neck while the Alpha on the floor had a gun aiming right at Scott's stomach.

Scott looked at him. "No, Mitch, walk back on that elevator and go downstairs".

Since Scott was focused on Mitch, this gave the Alpha some time to act.

He pushed Scott off him and stood up. Scott got up quickly but stopped when he saw the gun pointing at Mitch, who was now standing in front of him.

"Mitchell". Scott warned.

Tears were streaming down Mitch's face as he backed up until his body met Scott's. Scott wrapped his arms around him, hoping to provide some sense of comfort or maybe so Mitch would feel protected, being wrapped in Scott's arms.

The Alpha lunges forward to grab Mitch, making Scott pull Mitch back and stand in his way.

The Alpha shot Scott in the shoulder. Scott screamed in pain and fell to his knees.

The Alpha grabbed Mitch and started towards the elevator. Scott tried his best to get back up but he kept falling down.

By the time he stood up completely, the elevator doors closed.

Scott ran around his desk and pressed a button.

Tori's voice came through. "How may I help you, Sir".

"Tori, Tori, there's a shooter and they've got Mitch. They're on their way down and I need all Alphas ready to attack".

"O my, yes Sir".

"But Tori, I need the strongest Alpha we have on the squad to grab Mitch and get him to protection".

"Okay. All the Alphas are in position".

"Good. Now, get Avi and tell him to take the stairs up here".

"Of course, Sir". Tori answered with no hesitation.

Scott ended the line as he fell back down onto his knees.

Mitch is going to be safe. It's going to be okay.

Were his last thoughts before he heard a high pitched scream.