Silence can only mean fear

It felt like centuries had passed though I know it was only a couple of seconds. Finally I realized this shouldn't be happening. He is going to try and kill you there's not point in loving him. I pulled away and moved further away from him on the hammock and looked into the starry night sky.
"Love?" He calls to me. I turn to face him and fall into his arms.
"I don't want to die." I whisper into his chest.
"I know Love," he wraps his arms around my tiny body. "I know."

Soon enough I fell asleep in his arms.

*=*=*
"Wake up sleepy head." Brad purrs.
"It's time to wake up." Nico adds on.
I open my eyes and see the seven Lost Boys standing over me. I shoot up and stare at them with big eyes.
"How'd you sleep?" Nico asks.
Still in shock I crawl out of bed and walk over to a log and sit down.

After a while of getting adjusted to the light I remember what happened last night. The kiss, the conversion, the order. It all came flying back. Today's going to be awkward. Just stay silent and don't cause trouble.

"Morning boys!" Peter walks over. "What shall we do today."
"We can complete what we are supposed to."
Gabe whines.
"Gabe!" Dan screams. "That's mean!"
I can't help but smile at this. Even though I should hate them I feel kinda safe around Dan, Nico, Brad, Robbie, and Kai. Sometimes even Conner. Gabe, not so much.
"Why not? Nothing's stopping us." Gabe shrugs. Heartless beast!
"Peter tell Gabe he's being a total ass!" Robbie commands.
"Gabe you're being a total ass. From Robbie!" Peter laughs.
"Wow thanks man!" Robbie pouts.

I almost laugh hard enough to knock me off the log. "Good morning Love." Peter turns his attention to me. I smile at him following through with my promise. "Quite again I see." He mutters.
"So Wendy," Dan barges through. "I was thinking. Why do you sing for us tonight? It will be fun!"

My eyes shoot over to him and give him a blank face. Blinking I try to figure out why the hell he would ask me to do that.
"I hear you have a nice voice." I turn over my stare to Peter who's looking away.
Oh really? I wonder what little birdie gave you that idea!
I look back to Dan and shake my head. I see the disappointment fill his face. "Why not?"
"Maybe she's scared." Brad suggests. "Silence usually means fear."
"Or she just doesn't want to." Nico points out.
"You're both wrong," Robbie insists. "She lost her voice and she's upset about what Hook and Peter did on the ship."

All the boys eyes meet mine. Overwhelmed I stand up and walk to the hammock. "Come on Wendy sing." Conner follows me over. "For me?" I shake my head and roll my eyes. No not for you. I only sing for people who deserve to hear it.
"Don't pressure her boys." Peter tells them. He comes over and greets me with a warm smile. "Wendy," Here we go! "Why don't you sing for us?"
"Because I don't sing for anyone who I don't believe is worthy of hearing what I have to sing." I say in the tiniest whisper. Quiet enough no one can really hear me.

"So we aren't worthy?" He grins. I'm not sure how he possibly heard me but it's freaky. His eyes twinkling and dirty blonde hair flowing in the wind I can't help but look away.
"How did you hear that?" I ask. This is uncommon for me. If I speak soft enough it's almost like I only thought it.
"I have excellent hearing." He sneers. Cause why not!

"I haven't sang to anyone in a while. No one ever listens to me anyway. Most people back home think I'm weird because I live in London and I speak in a United States accident. So I don't sing, I don't hum, and I don't share my thoughts." I explain. I haven't sang to anyone besides my dad and mom. I haven't sang in two years. Cause ever since my mom died I find no purpose of expressing my voice in song.

Peter's face lights up and I'm sure he struck a fuse. He lays down on the hammock and pulls me next to him. He looks up into the trees. "Sing!" He commands.
"No!" Surprised by his word I almost fall of the hammock but Gabe catches me.
"Just do it," Gabe sighs unamused. "He won't stop until you do. He never stops until he gets what he wants."
"And he always gets what he wants." Nico peers out behind him.
"Then this will be a first!" I snap. I twist out of Gabe's hold and start to walk away.

"And where do you think you're going?" Peter chases after me. "Remember the rule?"
"I'm not leaving the camp." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "I'm leaving the conversation."
"Why ever so Love?" He tilts his head leans closer to me. "Are you scared of the fact I might try and kiss you again?" He whispers just enough so the other boys don't hear. My mind is scattering with the two words most terrifying. Kiss and might. As in he might try again to kiss me and if he does what's stopping me from finding out if I truly love him or not. I'm not sure how I feel about him. I'm not going all Stockholm Syndrome on me but I feel something towards him.

*=*=*
I'm getting sick of staring at the same trees, bushes, moss, and faces. Peter and the boys went out to go and see if they can find something to do. I don't understand why I'm still here. Maybe it's because if I leave Peter, the Lost Boys, or Captain Hook and his crew will kill me. Or it's because I don't know where to go.

Swish!

I turn over to see a bush moving rapidly. "Hello?" I step forward towards the bush. Probably not the smartest idea since when ever someone asks hello is someone there it's not like they're gonna get a answer and it means a murder is in their reach.

But to my surprise Nico pops his head out. Almost like a lightning bolt he pulls me behind the bush. "Shh!" He puts his finger up to his lips. "We're not alone, and it's not the other guys."
"Captain Hook?" I shiver as I say his name.
"Not sure." He pulls me closer to him and pecks over the bush. As he does this I remember my first day here when Conner betrayed me. But it feels like a life time ago right now.

"Come out pests!" A voice shakes. I can't place it to anyone I know.
"Dammit!" Nico snap whispers. "Stay here!" He stands up and walks out of the bush but not enough for me to be noticed. "Hey Channing, what brings you here?" I guess his name is Channing.
"I live here Nico." Channing says cooly. "And I heard we had a visitor." Shit!
"You heard wrong." Nico replies just as cool as Channing. "And if we did it's none or your business. You made your choice."

"Nico!" Peter comes running up past me and reaches the two of them. "What is he doing here?" I peek through a small opening of the bush and see a brown haired boy around the age of the others.
"He heard that we had a visitor. I was just correcting him saying we haven't had a visitor ever." Nico fills him in.
"Are you still mad I joined the Jolly Rodger pirates?" Hook's crew!
"Why would we be mad Channing? You were a lost boy now you're not. It's as simple as that." Peter recalls.

The other lost boys join Peter. Except Gabe who crawls over to me. He takes my wrist to get my attention. I look over to him with eyes of confusion. "Don't make a sound." He whispers to me then gets up and goes over to the others.

"Peter," Channing begins circling him. "The other pirates of the Jolly Rodger told me you had a special visitor. Is that so?"
"I'm afraid you're mistaken. I thought I warned you all never to trust a sneaky pirate. They lie." I see his eyes light up with pleasure saying this about Hook's crew.
"Alright then," Channing turns away from them and placing his view on the bush I'm behind. Grinning he sticks his hand in his pocket and pulls out a purple powder I'm worried to see. The knock out power. "I'm sorry mates." He spins around and blows the powder in all of their faces.
"Love," Peter barley gets out. "Run!"