Chapter 17- Christmas Eve

We were all inside of Tyler and I’s house for Christmas Dinner, tomorrow Liam and I would be going to his mum’s house for Christmas Day, which should be fun.

We were all drinking and just having a laugh. Niall and Spencer were the second ones to show up. I was having a chat when Spencer so loudly, might I add walked in and shouted ‘Merry Christmas’ to everybody. She’s a hoot to have around. She gave everyone hugs and kisses. Eleanor’s face lit up and started laughing at Spencer’s Sweater.

“What? Wish you had my sweater?” she said and El just laughed her ass off.

“Hi Katie how are you?” she said hugging me.

“I’m fantastic, how are you?”

“Happy” she said and sent me a dazzling smile and I could only laugh. No wonder she and Niall are perfect together. I went into the kitchen followed by Eleanor and Spencer, they were going to help me prepare the ham and all the other side dishes.

“So what happened to you and Liam?” asked Eleanor casually as she started to dish out the mashed potatoes into the bowl.

“Sophia” I said as I took the ham out of the oven.

“Enough said” said Spencer as she helped me slice the ham.

“Hello Ham” said Niall as he walked in and put an arm around Spencer “Can I try a piece”

Spencer took a piece off and fed it to Niall, to which he wanted more, but Spencer said no.

“Who else are we waiting for?” asked Liam as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Harry, Zayn, and Perrie” I said as I cut the ham up and put it on a fancy plate. At that moment the doorbell rang and Niall got up to get it.

“THEY”RE HERE!” yelled Niall as he walked back into the kitchen, to which Spencer rolled her eyes at him.

“You’re so loud” she muttered in his ear and he just kissed her in response.

“You love me” he smirked.

“That I do” she said and she grabbed a plate and set it on the table.

Once all the food was done and prepared we set it on the table and just ate. We ate and talked and made REALLY inappropriate jokes and just had a good laugh. It was really fun. That’s what I enjoy about Christmas, it’s spending time with the people that really matter most to you and that are close to their heart. Then something hit me. I didn’t give Timmy his Christmas present.

Timmy is a 4 year old cancer patient that I’ve been seeing for the past 2 years. I’ve been visiting him at St. George’s hospital and he’s my best friend. He has a cancer that can’t be cured and he only has a year left. This year I promised him I’d visit him for Christmas. Tyler and I got him a fantastic gift and we were going to give it to him.

“Shit” Tyler and I said at the same time and I looked at him and smiled knowingly.

“What?” asked Harry.

“Tyler and I have to go to the Hospital” I said getting up. As soon as I said that everyone’s face became full of alarm.

“Why?” asked Liam.

“We have to visit a friend of ours; we promised that he would get a visit from us this year before….” Tyler started but then trailed off and he met my sad eyes, I nodded knowing what he was getting at.

“Before what?” asked Liam.

“Nothing” I said and shook my head before getting up and grabbing his present from the closet. It was a photo album with Timmy, Tyler, and I and we got him his favorite stuffed animal he always wanted. Then Tyler framed our favorite picture of the three of us to give to his parents as a ‘thank you’ and that we loved Timmy just as much they did.