Chapter Thirty Four

"5..4..3..2..1.. Happy New Year!" The whole frat house cheers as people hug and kiss and take shots. I look up at the beautiful people around me. Cher and Toby's lips are connected as her small torso is pressed against his. Her hands are tangled in his blonde locks, as his are pressed firmly against the small of her back. Harry is smiling down at me with his hand on my waist.

I have a full shot in my hand. I look at the straight vodka in the mini red solo cup. I close my eyes and tilt my head back as I take the shot. I feel the warm liquid slide down my throat, a slight burn following after. Harry gets passed a blunt. I watch him as he takes a hit, inhaling and exhaling, coughing under his breath. I smile. I take the blunt from his fingers and inhale slowly and deeply. I exhale and pass it to Toby.

The party goes back to normal and everything simmers down. Everyone in the house at this point is gone, completely. Even the sober drivers were wasted or high out of their minds. Harry and I were dancing smoothly along to the music playing. His hands went from the top of my thighs to the front of my pelvis, as I rub my behind against him. His hot breath fans my neck as I lay my head back against his chest. He presses a gently kiss just below my earlobe. I have a joint in between my fingers. My eyes flutter close as I lose myself in the soft beat of the music. Everything was in slow motion. Every touch, sound, and smell was heightened and slow, making it all the more sensational. From Harry's fingers and lips to the sweaty atmosphere, I felt it all. I take another hit and let it fill all of the capacity of my lungs and my mind. It sent chills down my spine.

Harry stopped swaying and turned me around. He grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs to an empty room. I laid down on the floor. Harry let out a chuckle and laid next to me. He took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. He took in a deep breath.

" You're the kind of love one does not expect. The one that will strip you naked and make you vulnerable. From the moment I bumped into you on accident and your immediate reaction by acting so bitter, completely caught me off guard. I thought, fuck, she didn't even look at me but I could sense the vibes she gave off. She didn't owe anyone anything, and she fucking knew it. You made me feel so weak at the knees by the way you called me out for wanting to feel you, it was true. But not in the way you thought. I wanted to touch you and feel your warmth, but that's not why I bumped into you. I'm a fucking idiot and don't know how to coordinate my feet. But I knew you, Val. I had watched you for weeks. I spotted you one night smoking a cigarette and laughing with Cher. And I thought, my god, she's beautiful. Then you stopped laughing and my breath caught in my throat and my palms started to sweat. My god, she's breath taking, literally. You have no idea how much you have an impact on the people around you. You make my world stop, crash, and burn. You can make me wish I was dead with one glance. You're so powerful, and fuck you know you are. That's what is so infuriating. That you don't act humble or taken back by anything. You don't even give people the benefit of the doubt. You act like you have everything figured out, and baby you do. For the most part. You're the love that makes one feel whole. And if anything were to ever happen to that little bundle of love that person holds, they would lose everything including themself. If anything ever happened to you, I'd blame myself. I've told you this but Val, the thought of you getting hurt, breaks me. I wouldn't let anyone or anything hurt you. You're my light and my love and I know you hate when I say shit like this. And yes I'm rambling cause I'm stoned and drunk but I just, I love you. I fucking love you. A fuck ton."

I don't say anything for a few seconds and I bet to him it felt like hours. I just have never been called out like that. It was like in a loving way not in a way that he wanted to fight me. I roll over onto my side and I throw my arm around his torso.

"Baby boy, you will never know just how much you mean to me. I don't deserve your words or you. I love you so much. And by the way, you little stalker. Watching me for weeks." We both laughed. As our laughs came to an abrupt, I gave his lips a little peck. We both smiled into the kiss.