Chapter Nineteen

Sirens, all around, sirens. Louis was in handcuffs, laying in the damp green grass infront of the fraternity home. Niall, Liam, and Harry were discussing a way to get Louis bailed out. Luke, obviously, was in an ambulance.

Cher was crying, scared, in Toby's arms. Shai and Ashlee were calling their dads, to come pick them up. Alina was crying near the ambulance. I suppose she had a thing for Luke? Max was behind me, holding me. But I resented from his touch.

Harry locked his eyes on mine. I let out a shaky breath. I was terrified. Oddly enough, I only wanted Harry's comfort. It seemed like he was the only one who knew how to comfort me. I longed for his caring touch. I wanted his lips to be on mine. His hands would be left to hold me. His arms would be there for support. And for some odd reason, I found it inevitable to admit it.
-
The dreadful ringing of my phone made my eyes brisk open. I grabbed my phone, from my bed side table, placibg it to my ear. "What?" I snapped, or groaned? Too early to tell, I guess. "Vally Belly," my body jolted up in bed. Oh my god. "Shane?" I asked in disbelief. I heard him snicker on the other end. "Damn, you caught me." My lips twitched up into a smirk. But it soon was replaced with a scowl. "Caught you calling me at," I paused looking at the clock near my bed, "eight in the morning on a Saturday." I growled at Shane. "Awe, I can't call my cousin?" I rolled my eyes at his annoyance that had yet to vanish. "Whom you haven't seen since you were sixteen. Considering we are the same age, little boy." I heard him chuckle. God, I've missed him so much. "I've still called you over the course of these four years." My once smile, turned into a frown. "It may have been four years, but you only called me for the first of the four." I spoke softly. "I know, I know. I'm deeply sorry. My mom has been up my ass lately, for god knows why. College, I suppose." Shane explained himself. I looked down at my bare feet, wiggling my toes. "Oh," I mumbled.
"That's why I called, actually. I've been acvepted to NYU for the second semester! I'll be coming to New York before the holidays! I was wondering that when I came home, my cool older cousin would know where two twenty year olds could go to do some underage drinking." I could practically hear the smirk on his face as he spoke. I couldn't hide the massive grin covering my face. "I might know a few places." I muttered, grabbing my grey sweats off of the floor, before slipping them on. "Sick. I'll be looking forward to kicking some fifteen year old ass at Scrabble." I let out a tight held laugh. "Mike needs his ass kicked." I walked into the hallway.

Harry's bedroom door was open. I peeked inside to see Harry sleeping away. His hair a wild mess, lips slightly parted, letting soft snores escape. I let out a sigh out of adoration. He was damn cute.

"Why?" Shane's voice brought me back to reality. This time, I let out a sigh in frusteration. "He's off in his own world as usual." I muttered, not caring to spill the details. "Ah, I see. Well, I have to go and begin my packing and such. So I'll be letting you go." I ran my fingers through my mess of a hair. "Alright," I breathed. "Love you," he spoke. "Love you too," I hung up the phone, placing it on the kitchen counter.

I started up a pot of coffee, there was no way I could go back to sleep.
-
Max and I haven't really disscussed of what happened with the Luke situation. It's not that I am necissarily avoiding it, which I'm totally not. The topic just hasn't even be able to come up, due to the fact that we haven't really spoken in a few days. A side from when he asked me if I was okay after Louis beat the shit out of Luke. I bet that Max was glad the dirty deed had been done.
Although, here I was sitting next to Max in theatre. Not to mention, his hand is on my knee. Right now, the professor was having us write down our biggest accomplishments we've achieved from this class. Let's see, I've become a better liar, and I've let someone make me fall for them. So basically, I've become most of the worlds population, a naïve girl. I wouldn't say that's an accomplishment.

"I forgive you," Max speaks, squeezing my knee. I look up at him. I give him a slight smile and nod. He gave me a smile and threaded our fingers together. I cringed away. Yet, Max didn't notice.