Chapter Twenty Three

My eyelids grew heavy as all my friends bickered, smoked, and drank all around me. The scent of the parlor in the frat house was now intoxicating. I almost didn't want the need to breathe. I felt drowsy.

"Hey," Alina's high pitched, nails on a chalkboard, voice pierced my hearing. "What?" I groaned, shifting away from her slightly. "Just thought I should tell you, Luke doesn't have the yearning pity for you anymore. He won't be needing your service."

"Yearning pity?"

"I wouldn't say he actually wanted you. Poor baby, he was so confused before I came into his life."

I looked over at the snaggle toothed bitch. "He should be confused as to why the hell he is with you. You're a jealous bitch, nothing more."

Her jaw fell, brown eyes narrowed. "And you're some slut guys feel pity for. So they bang you because no one will ever love you!" She shrieks, horrificly. Her face was flushed in anger.

Thanks to this hoe, all eyes were on us. I wasn't fazed at all by her out burst. "Bitch, let's be honest. You're the one doing all the bangin', thanks to your benzos." I spat, disgusted with her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to the side, Cher. She softly shook her head, as if to say leave it.

Alina's hand came in contact with my face, slapping my left cheek. I let out a deep growl, just to be held back by Cher. "You really want me to kick your ass again?" I sneered, breaking free from Cher's grip. I gave Alina a slight push on her shoulders. "Why? So you and Luke can be hospital room buddies? You know, I can arrange that," I smirked, pushing her against the wall with a thud.

Her body turned rigid, as did everyone elses. The room was engulfed with silence.

"Val," Harry's voice pleaded. Next, his hands were on my shoulders, pulling me back to him. His hard chest was pressed firmly against my back. His touch unraveled the tense pressure running through out my body.

"You should leave," I suggested Alina. "Before Harry's not here to save your ass."

"Shai, Ashlee, come on." Alina bent down, grabbing her purse. Although, Shai and Ash didn't move. "We're going to stay," Shai spoke with confidence.

Ash took a step forward to Alina. Ashlee slapped Alina across the cheek, hard, really hard. Alina's face turned, her mouth a gape. "You ever lay your hand on one of my friends again, I'll ruin you." Ash spat, literally spat on Alina. A glob of spit rested near the corner of her right eye. "Piss off, bitch." Ash pushed Alina to the door.

Alina stumbled, wiping the spit out of her eye.

"Damn, last time I mess with a pregnant chick." Louis called out.

Except, he then, took a step toward Alina. He raised his arm, wavering a full glass of tonic water, peach juice, and vodka mixture above her. He tipped the red cup fully, drenching Alina from head to toe. "Don't go anywhere near my girl again. Touch her again, and I'll do worse then ruin you."

Harry tensed behind me. His hands had a stronger grip on my shoulders. It was because Louis called me his girl, as if he owned me. Quite frankly, I didn't like it either. But this wasn't the best time, honestly.

Everyone was silent as Alina was gasping for air, from the cold beverage. Toby held Cher close. Alina walked out of the room, drenched, spat on, slapped, pushed, and told off all in the time of five minutes. Harsh.

Harry turned me around so quick I thought I was sure to fall over. I stumbled slightly, gripping his biceps for support. Damn. His eyes searched my face. Shortly they locked with mine, softening. "Are you okay?" He worriedly asked, his hands fell limp at my waist. "Yeah," I whispered, looking down.

"What she said wasn't true. You're not some slut guys just bang." I looked up in his eyes. Those dark green eyes were so intense and beautiful. "You know, I haven't had sex with many people. I think like two, honestly." Harry's face lit up, smile bright at this new information I've given him. But, his face fell once more.

"But all those other boys," his frown deepened.

I shook my head, chuckling. "One or two fingers, maybe some tongue. I barely blow either way. They don't get to be all touchy and kissy with me. Harry, I don't care about the boys I do shit with."

"What about me?"

"You're a friend. It's different."

"Ouch. Friendzoned."

"You're stuck there, bud."

"Not for long."

I shook my head, smiling. "Sure," I mumbled. I looked around the room, spotting Lilly glaring straight at me. I gave her a small smirk.

I looked at Harry, who was staring at his feet right now, fumbling with his hands. "I need a cigarette," I mumbled. He looked up, grinning.

He reached over behind me to a book case. He grabbed a carton of cigs, flicking the top open. His long, slender fingers took hold of two cigarettes. He handed one to me before placing one between his pink plush lips. His hand dove into his pocket, retrieving a small black lighter. I held the cigarette inbetween my fingers, between my lips. I saw the flame rise as he brought it down to the cigarette. The end of it flickered, signaling it was lit. He did the same as I breathed in the familiar toxins. I moaned quietly as I felt a wave of relief wash over me.

Harry's lips breathed out a long beautiful swirling trail of smoke. His eyes fluttered close, as he inhaled once more. His eyes briskly opened, studying the chipped paint on the ceiling. He looked so beautiful.

His green eyes held passion and glory. They held so much emotion. His hair always was perfect. His curls looked the best when messy. As if he had just awoke from a beautiful sleep. The way his lips settled in a loose frown, you could tell he was umhappy. Although, when he smiled you could tell it was real. The little crinkles by his eyes when he laughed made him look so young. His laugh was like a thousand symphonies playing in perfect harmony. His jaw line was perfectly sculpted. His smirk when he would say something perverted or if he told one of his bad jokes, made my stomach fill with butterflies.

And when I come home, the condo is always clean. It always smells fresh.

When I'm in the shower and he decides it funnys to slide random things under the door.

The way he sings when he thinks no one is listening. God, it's so beautiful. It brings goosebumps to my skin. He's always on the perfect note.

He takes care of me. When I'm sad, drunk, happy, thank god he hasn't seen me sick yet. But I'm sure even then, he will be right by my side, taking care of me. He always seems to.

And then there's me, developing a need for him more and more each day.

Maybe I'm falling.