Chapter Fourteen

"Cher, stop." I smacked at her arm. "Just let me see your damn answers!" She squealed, trying to get my paper away from me. I finally gave up and just let her see the answers.

I didn't know why Cher even was a major in English. She didn't know shit about literature or writing.

"Did you even read the poem?" I asked her. "Pfft, no." Cher scrunched up her nose.

"Class," Mr. Matthews, our gorgeous teacher spoke up. "We have a new student." I set down my pencil and looked up. My mouth fell open when Harry stood against the wall.

"This is Harry. Sit by Val today." He pointed to the seat next to me. "Styles," I greeted as he sat down. "Hello, love." Harry's dimples popped in cheeks as he grinned. I blushed slightly, looking down. 

After last night we didn't speak, just laid together and fell asleep.

"We've got the same major." Harry winked. Oh gosh. Cher gave me a concerned look but shook it off.

"I could seriously look at him all day." Cher gaped putting her focus on Mr. Matthews. "Why gawk over a teacher, when I'm right here?" Harry smirked. "Someone's cocky today." Cher laughed, wiggling her eyebrows. "Just happy." Harry smiled at me. I gave him a small smile in return.

"But no joke, Mr. Matthews can undress me anytime." I grinned at the panty drenching thought. "I believe you already have someone to help you with that." Harry raised a brow. I blushed at the thought of his hands on me.

"Did you and Max have sex?" Cher gasped loudly. Harry coughed uncontrollably. "No," I shortly replied. I heard a groan from behind me. I turned to see Alina scowling.

"Can you guys shut up?" She huffed in annoyance. "Don't listen." I shrugged it off. "You're such a whore. Flirting with Harry while dating Max. Same thing happened with Jacob right?" Alina sneered. "Don't fucking say that name." I snapped. Bitch.
-
"Jacob?" Harry raised his brows. Walking down the halls, I tried pretending I didn't hear him. "Who is this Jacob?" Harry grabbed my arm. I slowly turned around to face him. I let out an exasperated sigh. "This guy. He is no one. Not important." I clipped my answer.

"I hate when people talk about my brother like that." Shai appeared suddenly. We both stared at her bluntly. "Harry." She winked, but Harry looked away. "We were just finished talking about him." I shook my arm from Harry's grip. "Oh well he's coming to the city soon. He'll be staying with me. Won't be that much room though. Ashlee got kicked out when her dad found out about her pregnancy." Shai kept babbling on. My stomach clenched. I hadn't spoken to Jacob since-

"Hey, guys." Max appeared, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Let's go to theatre." I mumbled, grabbing Max's arm.
-
"What monolouge did you pick?" Max asked me. "One about feminists." I ran my fingers through my stack of papers trying to find the monolouge called 'being less of a woman.' Pulling out the script, I slit my finger on the top.

"Fuck," I hissed bringing my finger up to my tongue. Max took this opprotunity to take the paper away from me. His eyes skimmed through the dialouge. "Good choice, babe." He mumbled against my cheek, setting the paper in his lap.

"What did you choose?" I finally got my fingertip to stop bleeding. "Being more of a woman." He joked. I laughed obnoxiously. "Very funny." I sarcastically remarked. "That's just how I am." He cheekily smiled. He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine in a swift kiss.

Nothing, I felt nothing. This is good. It means I can want Harry because I don't have feelings for this kid.
-
I parked my car infront of Tony's. Hopping out, I noticed Harry smoking a cigarette. "You smoke?" I approached him. "Oh shit, not really, no." He panicked. He almost smashed the cigarette against the wall behind him, but I stopped him. I took the cigarette between two fingers and inhaled all the toxins. I felt a large rush of relief run through me. I exhaled slowly. "It's okay." I flicked the ash off. "You smoke then?" Harry asked. "I used to, a lot. I mean I've done a lot of shit I shouldn't have, but this was one I never stopped loving. But I can control it."

It was true, I could. Harry hadn't said anything after that, just stared at me. "Harry, stop." I warned, flicking more ash off the butt of the cigarette. He shook his head, smiling. I raised a brow at him. "I love you." Harry blurted. My eyes widened. "As a friend, of course." I sighed, smashing the cigarette to the ground. "Let's go eat with the rest of them."