Chapter Twenty Five

"Valerie, could you pass me the cranberry sauce?" My mom rubbed her forehead with one hand, pointing with the other to a can of cranberry sauce. I reached across the table, grasping the can, handing it over to my mom. She reached into a drawer pulling at a can opener. "So when will this Harry be coming over?" She asked as I scrolled through my Instagram feed. "He texted and said in about ten minutes. He is just picking up the pumpkin pie." I spoke, liking some random guys' picture.

My phone vibrated in my hand, 'Cher.' I opened the message. 'Hey, Toby's family canceled Thanksgiving dinner. Do you think there is room for two more?'

I looked up from my phone, "mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Is there room for Cher and Toby?"

"Always will be. You know that they are always welcome."

I replied back telling her that of course that would fine. I locked my phone just when the doorbell rang. "Get that will you?" I nodded my hand walking to the front area near the door. I swung open the door revealing Shane. My face lift up, into one of the brightest smile I could pull. I threw my arms around his neck, burying my face into the crook of neck. He chuckled deeply, wrapping his arms around my torso, giving a light squeeze. "Hey, Vally Belly." Shane lifted me so my feet were officially off the ground. "Shane, you bastard." I didn't want to let go, but I finally had to unwrap myself from him.

"Come in, everybody is inside. Except a few others who will be here shortly." I opened the door wider for him to step in.

"You've shrunk,"

"You got fat,"

"You mean buff."

We stepped into the kitchen along with my mom and aunt Alexandra. Aunt Alexandra embraced her son into a long hug. Mom welcomed Shane and told him how we all missed him so much and how big and strong he had gotten over the years. Boring.

"So is dad here?" Shane questioned his mother about his dad, uncle Miller. Alexandra pursed her lips, solemnly shaking her head no. "He had business to take care of at the office." Shane's face fell at this new given information. "Oh," he quirtly spoke. I felt partly bad because Miller's son was in town and he couldn't put the task aside at least for an hour or so. Shane rarely visits his family, hardly talks to his dad on the phone. He keep in great touch with his mother, Alexandra.

"Hm, what about Kaitlyn?" Shane sighed at the name fell from his mouth. "She will be here any second with that new husband of hers." Alexandra spoke with pride.

I rolled my eyes and skipped to the door. As I reached the door, there was a knock on the other side. I opened the door, to reveal a shivering Harry, who had snowflakes in his hair? In his held was a pumpkin pie in a plastic container. I looked behind him and sure enough, it was snowing. His feet shuffled, as he looked down at me. His lips curled into a smirk.

"Are you just going to stand there and admire me whilst I freeze or are you going to let me in to meet your wonderful family?"

"I wouldn't call them that," I mutter as I open the door wider, stepping aside. I took the pie from Harry, setting it down on the table.

As soon as Harry had taken off his black converse, my mother raced toward him. "Harry!" She exclaimed, shortly after embracing him. He gave her a big smile. "Miss Sherrwood, you look lovely." Harry smiled down at my mother, complimenting her. Mom's cheeks flushed a light pink. "Oh please, call me Shelly." She waved her hand dissmissevly, laughing shyly.

After Harry had been introduced to the whole family, Cher and Toby showed up.

"Shelly, you never cease to impress me with your cooking," Toby muttered as he helped my mother mash potatoes. "You kids make me feel loved." My mother smiled. It made my heart flutter seeing her so happy.

The door swung open, revealing my dad. Yay. "Happy Thanksgiving everybody!" He exclaimed. Mike followed him, scoffing. "Dad got lost, again." Mike's eyes lit up as Shane appeared.

I felt a pair of hands settle on my waist. Turning my head to look up, Harry was staring down at me. "Is that your dad?" He whispered in my ear. I slowly nodded, turning around. "If he-" I began was cut off.

"He doesn't stand a chance," Harry smirled pressing a kiss to my forehead. I notice from the corner of my eye, Toby and Cher are watching, everyone else was happily conversing.
Harry grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers, and walked over to Toby and Cher. My heart fluttered as I stared down at our intertwined hands.