She had this ability to write ten thousand words within and hour, and of course I thought it was perfect the first time she had written it, but then she would go back over it for another hour and completely baffle me with the final version.

She was just insanely good at everything school related.

I was brought out of my thoughts again as the honors students were getting recognized by their achievements, announcing what college they've chosen. I should've been up there, but I had dropped the ball my senior year with mostly b's and c's. I squinted my eyes as I looked up the screen the projector was emitting before my breath got caught in my throat.

It was Caspian's picture, big and bold, listing her accomplishments as well as her completion of her first year at college. "Now will everyone give her a round of applause as we present her the Summa Cum laude certificate." My heart literally dropped to my stomach as everyone began clapping. I was frantically looking over the crowd, then I saw her.

Her hair was in tight curls, tiny streaks of blonde went in contrast against the usually raven tones. Her nose, had a tiny stud in it. She was wearing a brown leather jacket and denim skinny jeans and long boots. She looked beautiful.

If it wasn't for the huge crowd, or that fact that this was my graduation I would've tackled her in this moment. I would have sprinted across this gym, jumped onto the stage and mauled her. But I was completely frozen as I heard her voice for the first time in months, it was both like water putting out the flames to my insanity but gasoline increasing my sadness.

"Uh, hi." Her voice bounced off the walls of my head, I had to hold on tightly to my chair so I wouldn't fall off. "Well, I would like to thank for all of the help that I had gotten from my teachers, and my guardian, and... others, who had motivated me to try my hardest." She was holding onto the podium and when she glanced at me I saw her knuckles go white as she clenched onto it. "But being successful isn't about having the best job, or tons of money, or the best car." She, again made eye contact with me, I'm pretty sure I haven't taken a breath for a solid two minutes now. "Being successful is about being happy with where you are, with who you are." She broke eye contact with me again, like a big slap in the face. "So graduates, my only advice, is to be happy. No matter how much shi- uh I mean crap you have to go through to get there." The audience laughed at her slip up and I had gotten up from my seat. I walked straight out the back doors, and I could faintly hear everyone talking about me, but I couldn't be in that damn room for another second.

As soon as I was in the confines of my car, I was back to square one. I tried my best to hold the tears in but it was useless. I was over come with same waves of heartbreak that would rock my insomnia to a point where I couldn't even tell if I was awake or having a nightmare. I always wished for the latter. The tassels on my cap kept getting in my face so out of anger I flung it to the back seat.

If I go back home, I'm going to piss Vi off. But if I stay here I'm going to do something really stupid. And if I go back home I'm going to hate myself for missing an opportunity to gawk at Caspian in person.

Jeez I'm pathetic.

I sighed as I heard my car door open. "I'm sorry Vi, I just couldn't stay in there. It was just too much."

"Yeah, it was hard on me too." I closed my eyes tightly at her voice. And I swiveled my head against the steering wheel to see Caspian sitting in my passenger seat. "So, where are you heading?

•••••••
¯\_()_/¯

Ya gotta love cliffhangers amirite?

I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving

Q: what's your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving, and if you don't celebrate what's your favorite food?
A: I FREAKING LOVE HONEY HAM SO MUCH, ANYONE ELSE?

Q: what's your favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving, and if you don't celebrate what's your favorite food?A: I FREAKING LOVE HONEY HAM SO MUCH, ANYONE ELSE?

I have finals in like 3 weeks so sorry if updates are scarce.

-Aliah