Chapter 2

-Freddie's POV-

I gripped the steering wheel as tight as possible and sped down the street. Where was I going? Who cares, I just wasn't going back to that hell hole.

Family? What Family?

My father was an abusing scumbag and my mum was an alcoholic. I mean do they really think I'd get a happy ending?

Well unfortunately my life was fucked up. I was 25 years old, spending my spear time in a pub or finding some girl to take home and by home I mean back seat of my car. I was a scumbag just like my father was.

No point denying it. It is the truth.

I pulled over the car at the side of the road and sat playing with my lighter. I watched as the bright flame lit up the car, taking away its darkness.

I held my wrist over it, letting it burn my skin. The pain felt good somehow because I deserved it.

Every drink I've took, every drug I've taken, every girl I've used. I punished myself, be it a burn or a cut, it was nothing I didn't deserve.

I watched as the flame licked at my skin and the familiar smell of burning filled the car. I turned my arm looking at the cuts and burns embedded in my skin.

I sighed, getting out of the car and slamming the door behind me. I buried my hands into the pockets of my denim jacket and began to walk down the busy streets of London.

Drunks singing at the top of their voices and girls showing of their small frames in the shortest of outfits. You could tell it was a Saturday night.

'Freddie' I heard someone shout behind me in a thick, harsh London accent. I turned to see a tall figure about 8 feet away from me. His eyes were dark and focused on me.

'Shit' I mumbled. I began to run, not looking to see if he was following. I owed David three thousand pounds from a poker game. I was avoiding him for almost a year now, as well as few others I owed money too. He was lethal and out of all of the people I could have owed money too he had to be the worst. See David has killed people not for gambling, for fun. He was dangerous, psychotic, a crazed animal feeding on the pain of others. 

I ran as fast as I could around a corner hoping I would get away from him but instead met an alley way. The alley was dark and filled with skips from the two neighbouring restaurant.

'Shit' I whispered, making the best of the situation and quickly hiding behind a skip.

'Freddie' the loud voice filled the dark alley. I covered my mouth hoping I wouldn't breathe too loud.

'Freddie, I fucking seen you come in here' his voice was filled with anger, it was as loud as a lion and as rough as a chainsaw.

I could see his shadow move closer towards me. He suddenly grabbed the skip and pushed it out of the way with such ease it sent shivers down my spine. He grabbed the shoulder of my jacket and pushed me against the wall. My head collided with the brick wall and I was suddenly afraid he would kill me.

'Where's my money Winter's?' he shouted, his face inches away from mine. His eyes were dark and filled with anger. It was obvious he'd done things like this before.

'I...I don't have it' I winced.

'What do you mean you don't fucking have it' he pushed me harder against the wall. I looked away from his gaze. 'I've been looking for you for the past year'

It didn't take long for his hand to collide with my ribs. I let out a grunt.

His fist collided with my nose and a loud crack could be heard. I let out a scream of pain . He let his grip on my shoulder go and I fell to the ground with a thud. I lay crying in pain while I held my ribs.