Forget Me Not ❀ S. Kōshi

a/n Honestly, how can anyone not love this grey-haired boy? Exactly. No one escapes from his charms.

✼ 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 ✼

'Ding~a~ling'

"I'll be out there in a second!" you shouted from inside the shop, trying to finish your latest bouquet. 

Staring around the shop with awe, Sugawara had no idea what lead him to even enter a flower shop. All he knew was he had a gut feeling telling him to go in, and he always trusted his intuition for such things. 

Beside him were flowers of different varieties from around the world, all different colours but moulded together their smell creating an intoxicating aroma. Gently picking up a forget-me-not, Sugawara admired the colour of it, tilting it slightly into the sunlight that was coming through the window.

"That's one of the favourites around here," a sweet voice cuts through his thoughts.

Spinning around quickly, Sugawara dropped the flower onto the ground in shock. 

"Oh! I-I'm sorry.." Sugawara said as he bent down to pick up the fallen flower. Lightly dusting away the supposed dust. Once satisfied, he rose up from his position, forgetting about the shelves above him and knocked his head above, bringing all the flowers in the vases down again with him. Sugawara sat there in shock.

There he was looking like the most stupid person; drenched in water with petals and leaves surrounded him and also on his head. As he struggled to get up, his palm pressed against broken glass shards and now a dark red trail was leaving an open slit. 

"Ouch." he winced, as he tried to suppress the bleeding. Looking up again, he nearly forgot about you as you stood there in silence, unsure of whether to get angry or find a medical kit first. 

As his eyes reached you, he saw the most beautiful angel he had ever seen. (h/c) coloured hair cascading down her shoulders. Her (e/c) complimenting her face, full of wonder and curiosity and her smile. Sugawara just couldn't stop staring at the real-life angel standing right in front of him.

"AH, Sorry! God, what am I supposed to do... Wait I-I'll pay f-for all this... I'll buy all this, and pay for new ones too," he blushed in embarrassment. 

'Why am I so stupid.' Sugawara sighed mentally to himself. Perhaps this week's training really had done a number on him. Hinata and Kageyama did wear him out a lot more this week.

"Oh no, it's fine. I've done this before too when I first worked here." you giggled, making Sugawara's heart flutter even more.

"Let's get you cleaned up...um?"

"Sugawara Kō- ouch. Kōshi."

"Come with me Suga-san - is it alright if I call you that?"

"e-eh? Ah, o-okay.."

"I'll help you with your wounds," you said whilst helping poor Sugawara up and guiding him to the back of the shop.

- ' ✧ ' -

"There you go!" you beamed with contentment. "You're all good to go, Suga-san!"

"Thank you so much! I'll still pay for all the flowers though..." Sugawara replied, standing up and preparing to pay for all the trouble he had caused.

"No, no. It's all good!" you said pushing away the money from yourself. 

"B-but,"

"No." you stated firmly.

"How ab-,"

"I said no. Suga-san, I don't-"

"How about instead I could treat you to dinner?" Sugawara quickly cut through before you could say anything else.

Before you could reply, Sugawara was already pulling you out of the shop, just in case you changed your mind later. 

"Wait! I need to lock up first!" you shouted, quickly running back towards your shop.

- ' ✧ ' -

Sitting face to face, Sugawara couldn't stop staring at your angelic face. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't look away from your (e/c) coloured eyes, that seemed so full of life. 

"Suga-san? Suuugaaaa-san???" you were waving your hands frantically in front of his face.

"Oh. Sorry.. um.." Sugawara mumbled. 

"(y/n) (y/l/n)," you replied happily. 

"You have such a pretty name (y/n)-san," by the time Sugawara had noticed his mistake, you had already picked up on it.

"Oooh. First name basis already? How cheeky of you Suga-san...Or should I say Kōshi-kun?" you teased.

Sugawara's face flared up, blushing all the way to the tips of his ears. 

"BWAHAHAHA! I'm just joking with you," you laughed out loud. 

The embarrassment Sugawara felt, was never this bad before. Yes, there were times the volleyball team would tease him about his sexuality with Daichi, but this was different. The fact that her laugh was so melodious made things worse. 

'What have I done...' slapping himself mentally, Sugawara took note not to make the same mistake next time. If, there was even a next time.

"I have to go now, but thank you for the meal Suga-san! Please do come back to my shop again," 

Picking up your stuff, you rushed out of the restaurant dropping a flower along the way.

"Wait! You dropp-",

Running after her, Sugawara suddenly froze on the spot. Gently, he picked up the flower before realising it was a forget-me-not. The same one he had looked at, at the shop.

'Huh,'

Along the stem was a piece of paper attached with a (favourite colour) ribbon. Unknotting the ribbon Sugawara realised a small note written on the inside. Peering closer, he blushed a little as he read your words.

To: Suga-kun,

Don't forget me!

**** ****

Text me later, k?

From: (y/n) (y/l/n)

✼ 𝕖𝕟𝕕 ✼