Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Kara's POV

I woke up this morning and saw Ariana as she came out of the bathroom after having a shower.

"Hello, love." She said in a cheery voice.

"Good morning, babe." I said as I hopped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

After I had a shower, I dressed into some jeans and put on a white tank top, with some black ankle boots. I left my hair open in its natural curls. I walked out after applying minimal make up and went outside to join the others for breakfast.

"Good morning, y'all." I said as I seated myself down with Talia and her group as well as me and my friends. I was seated opposite Raymond. I couldn't help a smile that spread across my face as I looked at him.

"Kara!" Said Talia. I looked to see Raymond looking at me as well as the others. I quickly cleared my throat and spoke.

"Pardon?" She looked at me.

"I said if you need any help around here, don't hesitate to ask." I nodded.

"Thanks, that would be awesome. But you should rest." She nodded.

"Don't worry about that, I won't let her get up at all." Said Harry. I smiled, I knew he loved Talia and that she would be lucky to have him in her life.

With that we ate in silence and finished breakfast.

After breakfast, I walked towards the gate and got on to cut some wood as we would need it to make the fences around the perimeter more secure.

"Hey." I turned to see Raymond.

"Urm...hey?" I said more like a question than statement.

"Need any help?" He asked. I looked at him, he looked so gorgeous in his black jeans and a matching vest with some black boots, his hair was in a messy state.

"Well...you...erm could..." I stuttered. Oh come on Kara, get a grip! He moved closer and I moved back until I was against the saw board and was trapped.

"Are you....nervous, around me?" He asked with a smirk. I felt my knees buckle, if it wasn't for him supporting me I would have fell.

"N-no." I said. Damn, hormones! He chuckled.

"It's ok, babe. I have this effect on people." He said. I sighed.

"Well, I'm not those people and yes, you can help by sawing some wood that I shall need." I stated as I was calm from the outside but inside I was dying. He smiled a genuine smile.

"Yes, ma'am." He said. Gosh, I felt like kissing him right there. His smile was so cute.

We both worked together, I watched him saw the wood and then we both worked together to hammer them around the perimeter. Once we had done that, we decided to paint over them. We both painted and talked, having a laugh and not a care in the world.

"Hey, Kara." Said Raymond. I looked at him.

"Hmm..." I said. What happened next was something I wasn't expecting. Raymond had smeared the paintbrush in my face which still had maroon paint on it.

"Hey!" I yelled as he laughed. He looked so gorgeous laughing which made me calm down.

"Hey, Raymond." I said. Before he had time to react I quickly smeared paint on him as well and laughed at his horrific expression.

"Oh, you will regret that." He said. With that, I ran off and laughed as he chased after me.

"GET BACK HERE!" He yelled as I ran laughing. Because I was laughing so hard, I hadn't noticed a stone and tripped. I gasped as I felt myself fall and closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the fall to injure me. But the pain never came. I felt some strong arms wrap around my waists and flip us over so the person underneath broke my fall.

I opened my eyes to see no one other than Raymond, himself.

"You ok?" He asked, examining me for any injuries as he switched positions so I was the one underneath now. I stared into his eyes as I felt my palms sweat and tingles fill my body from head to toe. I nodded. I watched as he stared into my eyes and then down to my lips repeating the process until he leaned in closer and closer, me doing the same.

"Raymond..." I whispered as I felt my voice come out hoarse and my eyes flutter close.

"RAYMOND, WHERE ARE YOU?" Yelled a voice.

He quickly moved back and I cursed the person who had ruined our moment. He got up and helped me up as well.

"Thanks." I said. He leaned into me closer and whispered in my ear.

"Call me Ray." He said and with that looked at me, smiling by knowing what effect he had on me. He then walked off as he blew me a kiss.

I sighed and made my way back to the campus area.

Ray's POV

I walked back to the campus and saw Talia and the group.

"Who called for me?" I asked.

"Me." Said Danielle. "We are planning on going down to town to look for baby things as we would need them for when Talia's due date is near." I nodded.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed helping my friends and loved them a lot but couldn't they have waited until I kissed Kara. She was so beautiful, the first day I saw her I felt a connection but thought nothing of it as it felt like a crush. But spending time with her today made me realise I was in love with her. Yes, in love.

"Once this baby is born, we shall leave." Said Liam. Leave, no I couldn't. Not without Kara and knowing that I loved her now.

"Why must we leave?" I asked. "It looks safe here."

"Well, it's not." Said Tom. "It may look safe but who knows tomorrow it could all go bad, which is why we need to find the safe zone." We all turned to look at him, what the hell was he going on about, the safe zone? What was that?

"What's that?" Said Louis as though he had read my mind.

"The safe zone is a place where all the survivors go. It's the only place that is safe from these things." He said.

"And...how do you know all about this?" Asked Perrie.

"Because....when I was helping run some errands I heard some men talking about it and planning to travel there soon. They are the only ones who know where it is?"

We all looked at him processing all this information.

"Do you think they could help us?" Asked Zayn.

"We could try." Said Max. Harry nodded as everyone looked towards him for his decision.

"We shall do it." He said. "We shall shop for baby products tomorrow, after that we wait till the baby is born and until Talia is fit enough to move around. Finally after that, we shall move." We all nodded.

"Right, now for our mission tomorrow." Said Harry and with that they all planned on how they were going to shop for baby products.

I was also upset as well and not paying much attention to the plan as my mind was wondering to what would happen to Kara when I would have to break the news to her that we were to leave!

********

Hey guys, what did you think? Will they find the safe zone? Who will survive??

What should Talia have a boy or a girl??

Plz vote

Comment

Fan