Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Adam's POV

I smiled as I looked at Harry and Talia together through the rear view mirror. I knew he would keep her safe and take Jonathan's place. Every day I would get scared thinking we were going to die one day and this would be our last time on this earth which is why I was scared about Talia. I knew we were the only closest thing she had to a family and know she lost Jonathan as well. I saw the way Harry looked at her lovingly even the day we first met him and he found out Talia was taken. I now knew I could die peacefully as he would always protect Talia and I had nothing to stay in this world for.

"Guys, we're here." I said as I saw the entrance of the border.

Everyone stirred from their sleep and got up. I drove the truck into the border and drove next to the harbour since we had to travel by a cruiser ship now.

"Talia, Talia." Said Harry as I parked the truck.

She moaned and opened her eyes slowly.

"Jonathan." She whispered but to her dismay she saw Harry instead of Jonathan. Realising this she pushed him away and moved a step away from him herself.

"Sorry." Whispered Harry, she nodded.

"Are we here?" Said Ray as he woke up.

"Yeah." I said. We then all got everything we needed and got the weapons ready too.

"Alright listen here, since Jonathan has gone I will overtake his position." They all nodded as I said that.

"This is the plan, there will be many zombies here and we will all backup each other and of we feel as well that one of us is in trouble we will help them and not run off. We....we also when to be quick, which is why....we have to dispose....of Jonathan's body."

Talia's POV

When I heard Adam say this I looked up at him shocked. I get it that he would slow us down but I wanted to bury him properly so that he could rest peacefully, but no they wanted to dispose him like he was some leftover food for these horrendous flesh eaters.

"Adam, how dare you." I yelled. "He was your best friend, how the hell can you think like this?" He looked at me sadly.

"Talia, trust me I don't want to but we don't have a option, do we?"

"No we don't." I said getting in his face. "But one thing I know is that of that was you and he was the one alive he would never think of doing that to you."

"I'm sorry Talia." He said and with that walked off.

"Ray, please do something!" I said turning to him and begging him to support me as I felt the tears come now.

"I'm sorry Talia but Adam's right." He said sadly.

"No, you're all wrong. What kind of people are you. Don't you have a heart?"

"Talia is right." Said Harry. "Which is why I am supporting her in this decision." She looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you Harry." I said. Maybe Harry wasn't that bad and he was with me at least he wasn't like Adam and ray who were friends of Jonathan's whilst he wasn't.

"Fine, we shall bury him." Said Adam.

"Thank you." I said happy.

"But," Said Adam as he came up to me. "If any zombies come at all then I'm sorry we will have to dispose him there."

"Wow." I said as I chuckled and everyone looked at me confused. "Adam, I didn't know this world would turn you into a heartless prick. Guess this world can do many things to people." With that I walked and knelt beside Jonathan.

"Well baby, it's time for us to depart but just remember that I will love you forever and ever and never forget you." With that I placed a kiss on his lips and felt them against mine for the last time.

"Maybe we shall meet again in the next lifetime and we will be together then." I said as I parted from him and got up wiping my tears.

"You can take him." I said confidently. Harry came up to me and rubbed circles on my back.

"It will be alright." He said. I smiled up at him and then leant on his shoulder feeling safe and like I belonged near him.

"Right, is everyone ready?" Said Adam.

"Yeah." We all said in unison. Zayn and Louis walked towards the back doors of the truck and nodded at each other signalling when to open the door.

"GO!" Yelled Adam as soon as Zayn and Louis opened the door. Adam hopped outside to make sure that the coast was clear and then walked off signalling us all to come outside. Harry helped me outside whilst the girls jumped after us and Max and Nathan picked up Jonathan's body gently and took him outside.

"Over here." Said Ray. We all walked towards him and saw Zayn and Louis digging a hole.

"Come on before some hordes of zombies appear." Said Adam.

They were finally done and Max and Nathan were going to place Jonathan in when I quickly stopped them.

"Wait." I said as everyone looked. "I need to speak to him for the last time." They nodded.

"Jonathan, I promise," I said. "I promise I will never ever lose hope in life and I will do everything to keep you happy and our child. Just remember....that you shall forever stay in my heart and I will never forget you. I will love you forever and ever, baby." With that I placed a kiss on his forehead and ran my hands all over the places that I would never be able to touch.

"I'm sorry baby, our...child won't get to see you but hopefully you will watch over us in a better place and be our guardian angel." With that I sobbed and was about to collapse but Harry quickly grabbed me and held me against him. I watched as they placed Jonathan slowly into his grave where he shall forever stay but I could never see him again nor come to visit his grave.

They finished placing the last piece of dirt and throwing the shovel to the side.

"Well, we should leave before we are spotted." Said Adam.

"Yeah." I said and walked with Harry and Ray beside me and Adam patted my back before walking in front.

We arrived near the cruiser ship and stopped.

"Whose got the key?" Asked Liam. Oh yeah, who did have it?

"It might be inside." Said Niall. "Let me go and search." With that he walked off to look and we all waited. He looked at us all from the top of the ship and shouted.

"Guys, the keys are in here." With that we all walked towards the ship until our worst nightmare came true.

*********

Things are getting heated, read on :)