Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Talia's POV

The groaning of the zombies filled the air.

"Run." Yelled Niall from on top of the ship. We all composed ourselves from the shock and dashed towards the ship, I nearly tripped over a stone and held my stomach protectively.

"Gotcha." Said a husky voice as he grabbed me from the waist and ran as he intertwined our hands together. We had reached the ship and watched with Niall as our friends were making their way towards us.

"Ray, get here now." I yelled as I watched him struggle with some zombies with Adam. By now, Max and his group had boarded as well as Harry's mates and their girlfriends. I was the one now stressing as I watched my two best friends fight for their lives with a horde of zombies.

"Somebody, help them. I don't want to lose anymore people that are close to me." I yelled. They all took out their guns and started to fire bullets at zombies.

"Adam! Ray!" I yelled as a zombie tried to bite ray but max shot it in the head. By now I was full on sobbing and shaking uncontrollably in fear.

Ray's POV

I was helping Adam fight so we could go together to the ship, by now everyone was on the ship except for us two.

"Adam, lets leave." I said as I noticed more zombies appearing.

"Ray, you go and I will join." He said. No, I wouldn't leave without him.

"Adam, we both shall go together, you hear me."

"If you go you will survive, cause we both know one of us has to go and I need you to stay and look after Talia. Me and Jonathan both want you to. You will be the only one she has." I looked at him as I felt the tears come.

"Adam, please Talia will be heartbroken." I said.

"I'm sorry ray, just go." He pushed me as he said that.

"Tell Talia, I said sorry." I watched as the zombies all took chunks of him and ate him as though he was the last meat in a butchers shop. All through that he just smiled at me and Talia and the group.

"Go!" He mouthed and then closed his eyes as they had ripped his insides out. Getting over the shock, I ran and joined the others on the ship and we sailed off. I looked at everyone and walked past them to the top and watched the zombies as some walked in search of a new victim and some still eating parts of Adam. I felt a fresh pair of tears cascade down my cheeks and flung them away as I heard footsteps approach me.

"Hey, you ok?" I looked to see Talia. I nodded. She turned me around and engulfed me in a hug knowing I needed one, I hugged her back.

"I'm so sorry, Talia." I repeated again and again as I cried unconditionally.

"Hey." She said as she rubbed circles soothingly on my back. "It's not your fault."

"It is Talia, he saved me and risked his own life." I said. "I didn't even help him when they ate him like a pack of dogs." She smiled lightly at me.

"Ray, Adam would forgive you. We all forgive you. You tried and that's all that matters, you stayed beside him when everyone left him you helped." I smiled.

"Thanks T." I said.

"Come inside." She said and turned me as I looked one last time to see Adam left alone in the distance and no zombies around him.

We walked inside and sat down in a table that was large enough for us all.

"Hey guys." Said Talia.

"Hey." They said in unison.

"So, we have lost two people." Said Zayn.

"Actually three." Said max. "We lost joe as well." We all nodded.

"Oh yeah." Said Zayn.

"So where are we headed?" Asked Danielle.

"Don't know." Said Liam. "But wherever we are going, lets hope it's safe." We all nodded.

Siva and Nathan were the only ones not here as they were driving the ship.

"You were really brave out there, ray." Said Eleanor.

"Yeah." Said Perrie. "You're a real hero and Talia is lucky to have you as a mate."

"Thanks." I replied.

We spent the whole night talking about our pasts and how life was before all this. Me and Talia talked about all the laughter and fun we had with Jonathan and Adam as well. These memories made us forget about what was happening to the world and we enjoyed it until it was time for us to rest.