Chapter 10

I laid in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was dark in my room with little to no light. How could I think he could ever like me? He just used me.

I broke into another round of sobs and I gripped the bedsheets as my stomach gripped in pain.

My body started shaking uncontrollably. I closed my eyes, wanting the blackness to take over, to take the pain away.

“Val? Are you okay?” Will asked behind the door.

“I'm fine.” I croaked, my voice raspy from all the crying.

“Then why don't I believe you?” I didn't answer him. “Val?” He asked panicked.

“Will, I'm fine.” I screamed throwing the closest thing to me, which just happened to be a picture frame, that held a picture of my entire family. The glass broke and flew around the room. “Leave me alone.” I sobbed into my pillow.

I didn't hear from Will for the rest of the night.

I soon drifted off into unconsciousness.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was Monday. I spent the entire weekend in my room crying. Why did I feel this bad about being played by a guy? Its happened before, but what hurt the most was I actually thought he cared. I told him my secret.

I opened the door to my room and tripped over a body. My hands catching my fall, my wrist once again was shooting with pain.

“Will? What are you doing?” I asked, “”Ow.” I yelled as he grabbed me into a hug.

“You're okay!” He shouted rocking us back and forth. “God Val, you scared the living day lights out of me. I thought you were...”

“Going to kill myself?” I glared at him. I must admit it did cross my mind. It wasn't just about Avery though, it was the immense pressure I've been under for months. Being carefully not to step out of line, for the state to judge Will's inexperience as a guardian. He was trying his hardest, but mostly it was up to me. I had to be sure I did everything perfect.

He nodded slowly, “I'm not going to do that.” I told him, “I want to be here. I just can't handle the pressure, Will. I feel like if I step out of line, my entire world is going to come crumpling down. Not to mention your's, Aden's and Rosie's life, if I do. I've already messed it up enough.” I cried and tears poured freely down my face. He pulled me closer and helped sooth me.

“Val, you didn't do anything. I didn't realize how much pressure I put on you. I'm sorry.” He whispered into my hair, kissing it. “No one blames you. You're a teenager and this is a lot, but we can do this together. Don't give up now. Please we worked to hard to not get them.”

“I won't give up.” I told him pulling away from him whipping my tears, “We can do this.”
He smiled and I did too, “come on, I'll drop you off at school.”

I sighed and remembered Avery. You have to do this, I told myself, you skipped to much school already.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Will dropped me off and I turned to wave back at him, he gave me a thumps up and I smiled. That was until I noticed Avery watching me. He was leaning against his car and had his arm around the same girl he kissed at lunch on Friday. He was surrounded by his friends.

I turned around and walked into the school. I stopped at my locker and played with my books while I waited for the bell to ring.

“Hey.” a voice said from behind me, making me jump.

I turned around, “Hey.” I gave him a small smile.

“You okay? You skipped the last hours on Friday.”

I nodded, “I'm fine.” I grabbed my English book. I had to remind myself that Jeff was not Avery and I shouldn't be so cold. I mean it's not his fault he has a player for a brother.

“So how was your weekend?” he asked as we walked down the hall together.

I shrugged, “I've had better.”

He laughed, “Maybe this weekend will be better.” he said winking at me before walking away. I stared at his back as he blending into the crowed.

What did he mean? I shrugged going into the classroom, taking my usual seat in the back.

I saw Avery walk in with his arm still attached to the girls waist. I fought back tears as she kissed his cheek before sitting down next to him. Avery kept his eyes locked on mine, looking horror struck.

I gave him a small smile to show him I didn't care so he couldn't use that against me too.

He shook his head and looked down taking his seat.

The teacher began the lesson and started talking about a project that we were going to be doing.

I sighed and looked around the room, Mr. Erickson said groups. I didn't know anyone in this class apart for Avery and there was no way in hell I was working with him.

“So pick your groups and then come tell me who you're working with.” he said and everyone stood up I looked wildly around the room. Ugh, I hate this.

“You can be with us.” A girl next to me said.

“Great.” I smiled relieved that I didn't have to be alone or with Avery.

“Avery, over here.” the guy standing next to the girl called.

WHAT!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? I had trouble writting this, so I hope you like it! :P