Lucille (Part Four)

Your heart was beating ten to the dozen as you knelt in the ground between Michonne and Daryl. You honestly had no idea what was going on. One minute, you were running after Daryl in the woods; the next, you were being thrown to the floor in front of an RV. Alexandria's RV.

A man with a disturbing moustache slammed his hand against the door of the vehicle. "Time to meet the man." He announced.

Watching on, your heart began beating faster in anticipation. The door opened, and the silhouette of a man appeared in its doorway. You couldn't see his face, but you could hear him clear as day. "Pissing our pants yet?" The very way he spoke made a breath hitch in your throat. He stepped away from the RV, "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close." You'd recognise that voice anywhere. And when he turned his head in your direction, you recognised his face too. "Yeah, it's gonna be pee pee pants city here real soon."

You couldn't hold it back an longer. The mere sight of him had you shaking all over. Tears were falling down your face as you ran a hand through your hair. Daryl used his uninjured hand to grab yours, thinking you were scared.

With a yank, you pulled your hand away from his and stood up. You ran towards the man you hadn't seen in years. "Negan..." You breathed, unable to believe your senses.

But before you could reach him, the sound of a gunshot rang in your ears. Then, almost as if the reaction was delayed, you felt the sting of a bullet entering your side. You collapsed to the floor, you hair falling into your face.

A gun was pressed to the back of your head as you cried out in pain. Your hair limited your vision, but you could see a pair of boots approach you. A voice rang through the night air, the same voice you had wanted to hear for so long now. "Do I know you, sunshine?"

With all the energy you could muster, you lifted you head and blew hair out of your face. You watched as his body stiffened. "Lucky? That's impossible... you're dead. I saw you go down. Near... near your sister's place." He breathed, crouching down to be at eye level.

Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Didn't you think maybe that was Marian?"

Negan shook his head, "Why would she be holding Mayghen's bunny rabbit?"

"Negan, that wasn't me. I'm here. I'm alive." You whispered through the pain in your side.

He smiled, dropping the baseball bat he had been holding and scooping you up in his arms. "Yes you are, Lucille. My beautiful wife. And I do not plan on letting you go again." He kissed you on your forehead before placing you on the step of the RV. He walked back a little and picked up his bat again. "In fact, this asshole's gonna pay for shooting you. But then I gotta get back to business here, and then you can come home with me. We gotta good doctor, Lucky. He'll patch you up in no time." He muttered before lifting his bat and slamming it into the skull of the man who shot you.

You flinched. Negan never used to be aggressive. The man stood in front of you was not the same man you met at your Aunt's bar all those years ago. But then again, neither were you. Everybody had changed, some for the better, some for the worst. But even as you flinched at the horrific actions of your husband, you looked at him and realised he would do anything to protect you.

It was guaranteed. You were going home with Negan.

The only thing you regretted was leaving Daryl behind. But he'd understand... he told you he understood. He couldn't go back on that now. He knew you loved your husband. But he didn't know your husband was Negan. The man who terrorised and murdered.

But you couldn't help but love Negan. No matter what.