Lucille (Part One)

Hi, all! First things first: OMG THANKS FOR OVER 1K! I seriously love you all. It means a lot that you guys like my book, so thanks. If you like my writing, maybe you could check out my Daryl fic "The Saviour", or my in-progress Chandler fic "Just A Girl". I am also in the process of writing a Negan story called "Monsters Have Feelings Too" so if you want to check that out at some point, that would be hunky dory. Sorry about that shameful self promo.

Anyway! On to the main point of this author's note. This imagine (series) will not be YN. But that's just because the name here is important. It will still be your point of view and I will use YEC and YHC when using descriptions. Hope you enjoy this little series. I know I did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mayghen!" You shouted out, running in all different directions. You had turned your back for one minute, one minute, and she had disappeared. You were at a loss. Your little girl could just not be found. All you came out here for was a few supplies to keep you going for a little longer, but as you turned to grab things off a shelf, Mayghen had run off. And now here you were, alone.

Except, you weren't alone. Your screaming and shouting had attracted a lot of unwanted attention. A small group of moaners were heading in your direction after being drawn to the loud sounds coming from your mouth. Upon seeing the undead, you started to freak out. Not only was your little girl out there now, among corpses, but you were also facing moaners. And without any sufficient weaponry.

Just as you were about to accept your fate, a small hand grabbed your wrist. Turning, you looked down at the beautiful dark brown hair of your daughter as she looked up at you with big, sad, (Y/E/C) eyes. "Mama?" She whispered.

"Oh, sweetheart!" You gasped as you picked her up in your arms. It was only as you set her back down to the floor that you saw the men stood behind her. One deputy, one redneck, and the other two were hidden from your sight.

All six of you were silent for a moment, until the familiar grunting of the undead brought you all back to the situation at hand. The deputy leapt to action, pulling out a weapon. "Glenn, take the woman and her child outta here." He called.

Instantly, one of the people from behind came forward and grabbed your arm. He quickly lead you and Mayghen out the back of the store you had been raiding before turning to you. "We found your little girl crying out here. And then we heard you screaming. We guessed the two of you were connected somehow. Do you have a group?" The boy, Glenn, asked.

You shook your head. You had never had a group. Since the start it was just you, your little girl, and your husband. But then, he... Well, it didn't really matter.

"No? Well, we do. We'll take you back with us." Glenn said gently, giving a sympathetic look towards your four year old daughter.

Suddenly, the other three men came rushing out of the building. "Couldn't get all of them! Let's get going!" Yelled one of them, leading the way.

You grabbed Mayghen's hand and ran after them. Nobody stopped running until you reached a... railway track? The men looked around, confused. Obviously, something was missing. "What's wrong?" You whispered.

"The truck! It's gone! Who could've taken it?" Glenn yelled, annoyed.

"Merle." Was the only reply he got from the deputy.

The redneck sighed, "He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp." He muttered.

The deputy turned towards you, a look of concern on his face. "Are you able to walk a long distance? Probably right on through to nightfall?" He asked softly.

"Yes. We can do that." You croaked out.

"Good." He mumbled, placing his hands on his hips. He looked around at the other men. "I'm Rick, by the way. And this is T-Dog, Glenn, and Daryl. We have a group up on the quarry, and we gotta go meet up with them. You are welcome to join us." The man, Rick, explained. A smile slowly formed on his face.

You nodded your head. "Thank you. We really appreciate that."

"We just need to know one thing. What's your name?" Rick asked.

You smiled slightly, "Lucille. But my friends call me either Luci, or Lucky." The nicknames brought a smile to your face as warm and happy memories came rushing back to you. It took all you had not to cry.

"Well, welcome to the group, Lucille." Rick welcomed, before turning and walking off.