Dating Carl Includes...

❤ Carl thinking he needs to protect you and being oh-so-wrong.
❤ "Get back, (Y/N)! You could get hurt!"
❤ "Okay. Get your tiny little hands off of me, I can protect myself Shortstack."
❤ Eventually realising Carl isn't that bad.
❤ Then falling head-over-heels in love with him.
❤ Him training you in how to shoot a gun.
❤ And likewise, you training him how to wield a katana.
❤ People at first seeing you as the hella cute teenage couple.
❤ Then realising: Oh my life, they're dangerous as shit.
❤ Freaking the hell out when you realise Alexandria has electricity.
❤ "(Y/N), what's with all the sudden 80s classics?"
❤ "Okay first, don't knock it til you've tried it. Second, it was the first CD I found. Deal with it."
❤ As your shell gets broken, you open up about losing your group and being so scared trying to fend for yourself.
❤ Carl promising that you'll never have to go through anything like that again.
❤ Becoming really great friends with Ron.
❤ IMMEDIATELY hating Enid.
❤ Shocking Rick with the fact that you know all the lyrics to all the songs of Grease.
❤ Rick then making sure you attend long runs with him so that you can scream the songs at the top of your lungs together.
❤ "Can you stop singing Never Gonna Give You Up to my dad. He just doesn't get the joke."
❤ Baffling everybody with your ballroom and Latin dancing skills.
❤ Doing the Charleston in the kitchen while Carl watches with a loving gaze on his face.
❤ You unsuccessfully trying to teach Carl how to Charleston.
❤ He just can't swivel properly.
❤ Craig Revel Horwood would not be proud.
❤ "Oh my god! Will you please stop blasting Bon Jovi through the house, (Y/N)!?"
❤ "Never!" *Cue sarcastic skipping through the halls.*
❤ Glenn and Maggie being your goals.
❤ Rick accepting you as one of his own (but not literally bc ew).
❤ Daryl thinking you're a cool kid.
❤ "Carl, you break her heart, I break your face. Got it?"
❤ Michonne literally becoming like your mother.
❤ But she really doesn't give a shit about what you do with Carl.
❤ *Cue Maggie's protective motherly instincts.*
❤ When Maggie finds out she's pregnant she just dumps her collection of condoms onto your bed.
❤ "No funny business. Use. Protection."
❤ "Oh my god. Ew. Carl and I aren't doing the frickadoo any time soon."
❤ Then realising that's a total lie as soon as Carl asks if you're ready to do that kinda stuff.
❤ Going round Ron's only so you can get his mum to do your hair for "date night".
❤ Then going to Glenn and Maggie's so she can do your makeup.
❤ Date nights usually consisting of you and Carl walking through the streets of Alexandria hand in hand when it's dark.
❤ Making Michonne uncomfortable by trying to talk boys with her.
❤ But then she cracks and you end up sharing notes on the Grimes boys.
❤ Totally freaking out when Ron pulls a gun on Carl.
❤ Being faster than Michonne and killing Ron yourself to protect Carl.
❤ Feeling really guilty about Carl's eye.
❤ Helping Denise nurse him back to health.
❤ Being lined up next to Carl in front of Negan and holding his hand the entire time.
❤ Negan taking the piss out of your "young love".
❤ Neither of you giving a shit because nothing - not even Negan - can tear the two of you apart.