Lucille (Part Three)

You had spent a lot of time with the group. Years even. And eventually, you got over the loss of your child, because you now had somebody else in your life. Daryl was always there for you, no matter what. And you loved that about him. You loved him.

Alexandria was a beautiful place, and you knew you could settle down here. It was those thoughts that occupied your mind as you absentmindedly traced his bare chest with your fingers. You were snuggled into his side, embracing the warmth coming off of him. The sunlight was dancing through the curtains, and you couldn't have imagined anything more perfect.

"I love you, Daryl. For the first time since my husband, I'm in love. And it's with you." You confessed. You turned your head up slightly to gaze into his big blue eyes.

He looked down at you and kissed your forehead, "I love you too, sunshine." He chuckled, running a hand through your hair.

You sat up and looked at Daryl. "But there's something you need to understand. While I love you, Daryl, I will always love my husband too. And I know that he's dead, but you need to know that if he weren't, and he walked in here tomorrow? I would have no choice. I'd run to him. He was my first love, he was my reason for existing, the father of my child. And even though he is long gone, I still love him. I can't help that. I'm sorry." You explained, suddenly turning red.

Daryl sat up too, grabbing your face in his hands gently. "I wouldn't expect it any other way, Luci. You married him for a reason. You will always love him, that's why you still wear a wedding ring on a chain, I know that. I don't blame you. It's completely understandable." He whispered, a small comforting smile playing on his lips.

You smiled back, leaning your forehead on his. "Thank you."