Being Tracked

Daryl Dixon
Imagine: You're busy trying to track down Sophia, when something approaches you in the woods.

You had been taught how to track years ago, so you were putting your skills to good use by trying to find Carol's little girl, Sophia. You were wondering around the woods trying to find any sign of the girl, but you were not having any luck.

Just as you decided enough was enough, and you should probably make your way back to the farm, you heard something stir in the trees around you. Instantly, you pulled out your gun and readied yourself to shoot whatever came at you. It didn't take long for you to locate the source of the tree rustling, so you aimed your weapon in the direction the noise was coming from.

But it wasn't a walker that emerged from the trees. It was a man. In fact, it was Daryl Dixon.

"Daryl?! What the hell are you doing out here?" You whisper yelled, trying not to attract any walkers.

The hunter lowered his crossbow and looked at you in disgust, "I was looking for Sophia. What are you doing?"

"The same, actually." You mumbled. Conversations with Daryl were always awkward because nobody knew what to say to him. He wasn't exactly approachable. Although, he was very attractive... so that made up for it.

Daryl's face contorted with anger, "You mean ta say I've been on a wild goose chase the entire time?!" He yelled at you.

You were shocked. Why was he shouting at you? "Calm down, cowboy. What are you yelling at me for? What did I do?"

"I thought I was tracking something good. Maybe something I could bring back for a meal. But no! It's just you!" He shouted, obviously frustrated.

Every time you approached Daryl, he would end up saying something horrible and insulting to you. You had no idea why, maybe it was just the way he was. But it was annoying. And this was the final straw. "Why are you always so horrible to me, jackass? What have I ever done to you?" You yelled back, matching his angry tones perfectly.

If it was possible, Daryl looked even angrier at your words than he had before, "Because you got my head going crazy! Whatever I do, I can't stop thinking about you! And it is so damn annoying, because I have no idea what it means!" He yelled at you once again.

You were stunned into momentary silence. What had he just said? "Daryl Dixon, are you talking about what I think you're talking about?" You breathed, unsure of what he was getting at.

Daryl gave you no answer, and that worried you. It took a while, but eventually he did something. And it was completely unexpected. He stormed towards you, put your face in his hands, and he kissed you.

You had absolutely no idea what was going on, and you did not kiss back. It was most definitely the most awkward thing you had ever experienced.

It didn't last long, and pretty soon after Daryl had let go of you and taken a few steps back.

"I'll take that as a yes, then." You mumbled, staring at him in complete shock.

Daryl raised one hand and put it behind his head, resting it on the back of his neck. "Look. I have no idea about my emotions and all that shit. I just know that I had to do something. I'm sorry." He muttered as he turned to walk away.

You ran towards him, grabbing his wrist and pulling him towards you. This time, you kissed him. And it was so much better than the last one.

"Don't apologise, asshat." You breathed against his lips as you broke away and leaned your forehead on his.

Daryl chuckled at your words, and you were pretty sure it was the first time you had ever heard him laugh. "You know I have no clue about how relationships work. Right?" He mumbled.

"They pretty much work like this." You replied, taking his hands in yours. "And if you're nice, there's plenty more where this comes from." You added, leading him back towards the farm.

Just before the two of you came to the clearing, you turned towards him, "Oh and Daryl? Next time you want to tell me something, don't hunt me down. Seriously, I almost died back there. I thought you were a walker."